Do you want to build systems that gives our 35 million users a stunning experience when they want to know or buy one of our 10 million wines? Then we've got a lot of opportunities for you to leave a mark.
Vivino is by far the most used wine app in the world and we are creating the world's largest and easiest marketplace for wine. It's already available in 10 countries with 300,000 products, but we want to make it available to many more people!
That's why we're seeking an experienced Go developer for our Copenhagen office.
You will join one of our backend teams, building APIs, massaging huge datasets into speedy and scalable models, while juggling thousands of concurrent sessions. You will focus on delivering high quality scalable solutions.
- Implement support for new product features and projects.
- Analysis of bugs and performance issues.
- Help in establishing new development frameworks and systems
- Model data flows in a variety of backend systems
- Model, build and integrate data pipelines and APIs for massive amounts of data using a variety of backend services.
- Program concurrent systems in Go.
- Be open to- or able to write simple programs and UIs in Ruby.
- You have extensive professional experience and identify yourself more with the virtues of a great developer, rather than specific languages and frameworks
- You excel at working with complicated datasets and you have experience with both statically typed languages as well as dynamic scripting languages
- You understand object orientation and concurrent execution models
- You're familiar with Test Driven Development
- You are able to read, write and speak English fluently
- You have proficiency with relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.)
You are a curious, communicative person who is eager to learn and are ready to join a startup with few formal procedures and limits. You're not an asshole.
- Pension Plan
- Health Insurance
- Lunch catering
- Friday Bar
Vivino is the world's largest online wine marketplace and most downloaded wine app, powered by a community of 32 million wine drinkers who use Vivino to engage with more than two million wines every single day. Vivino’s unique wine shopping experience leverages community data to suggest personalized wine recommendations for each individual user based on their ratings and purchases. With Vivino, users can take a photo of any wine label on their mobile device and Vivino’s proprietary image recognition technology delivers ratings, pricing and a simple purchase option instantly. In addition to making wine discovery fun and easy, Vivino is the best place for users to buy wine for all their needs. Founded by Heini Zachariassen and Theis Søndergaard in 2010, Vivino is available for download on Android and Apple devices.
Vivino is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, disability, marital status or any other characteristic protected.
To apply for this job, press this link