Are you a top-notch Frontend engineer with a focus on building powerful, responsive, and maintainable web applications?
We're looking for a world-class front end engineer who can help us architect and build reliable, beautiful, user friendly web applications around our APIs and data services. The apps you will build will make a real difference in thousands of peoples lives and will help local governments address their challenges around Airbnb-style short-term rentals while making it easy for short-term rental hosts to play by the rules.
Remote workers are encouraged to apply as our entire engineering group is 100% distributed. We require you to be located in the Americas to overlap during our primary working hours.
What a typical day looks like:
- Building user friendly web applications that make it easy for citizens and local governments to participate in and manage the sharing economy
- Contributing to an Angular 1.x codebase and helping us find the right tool for our next generation web application!
- Engaging with other engineers to determine the best way to develop features for our customers
- Taking a UI spec and making it a reality
- Participating in code review, upholding high standards, and taking advantage of learning opportunities with your peers
- Helping to identify, triage and solve bugs
What we value:
- 4+ years of hands-on experience building production quality web applications
- Ability to take a spec and write high quality html/css
- Shipping software on tight deadlines without sacrificing quality
- Writing great tests (unit, integration and UI)
- You have 3+ years production experience with one of the following:
- Strong understanding of ES6 (you shouldn’t be mystified by the term “transpile”)
- The ability to start work within 4 weeks of accepting an offer
- Brownie points for
- Any experience building APIs on the backend (python)
- 3+ years of “in the trenches” startup experience
- Experience working with a distributed software engineering team
As a true meritocracy we care a lot about your abilities, attitude and work-ethic. We do not have requirements on educational background. d Our hiring process reflects this, and to be sure this job is the right fit for you, we will test you on the skills required to do the job successfully. The initial tests will require only a small time commitment from you, and we will only ask you to do additional tests if you pass the prior tests. This way we won’t waste your time, while making sure that you have the skills this position requires.
Who We Are:
Host Compliance is a privately held tech company headquartered in the heart of California's Silicon Valley. Our vision is a world in which the sharing economy works for everyone. We seek to contribute to this by being the leading independent and trusted third party that local governments can turn to for data, tools and impartial advice on how to implement and enforce local rules for Airbnb-style short-term rentals. You can learn more about us from these articles from the Wall Street Journal, CNN and CBC News. The team behind Host Compliance consists of an experienced group of data scientists, engineers and business people with backgrounds from Caltech, Harvard and McKinsey. The company is profitable and since launching out of Stealth mode in Q2 2016, it has grown rapidly. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.