As a part of our fast growing team, we are looking for an experienced Senior Ruby Backend Developer (m/w/d) who can contribute, take ownership, and help us scale our product and business.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- A decisive role: You are part of our R&D team and keen to take on more ownership in your area of expertise, working closely with other stakeholders in the business.
- An international team: Every individual matters - as a team of 14 different nationalities we value the synergy of different cultures, personalities and backgrounds.
- Room for growth: We take a personal interest in your perspectives and development, so every employee has a budget for educational purposes (e.g. language or IT certificates) and realistic options for career development within the company.
- A quality oriented development culture: We're proud of our code, practice TDD, like to pair when needed and use continuous integration
- The perks of a start-up: We offer breakfast, free coffee, free soft drinks, a weekly team-lunch and you can relax over a round of ping-pong in our Kreuzberg office.
YOUR ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Further develop our internal API for our web products
- Structure the backend data to use it for our web applications and our data pipelines
- Work on improving the user experience and delivering a quality product
- Further help us tuning and optimising distributed applications for performance/cost
- 5+ years experience with building software
- 3+ years experience with Ruby on Rails
- Experience building solutions on AWS (or any other cloud provider)
- You practice TDD (at least from time to time)
- Proficient in designing highly scalable and fault-tolerant applications
- Hands-on experience with profiling and optimizing applications (memory usage, SQL queries, etc.)
- Experience with microservices and breaking monolith (and have good arguments for doing it)
- Exposure to mentoring more junior developers
- Desirable experience with React, Docker, Terraform or Ansible
Our environment is built on AWS and we use various AWS services (ECS, S3, Redshift, Lambda, etc). We deploy applications using Docker images with CircleCi, and Jenkins pipelines run our machine learning algorithms. Our infrastructure is built for Agile development, and our developers deploy features to production multiple times per day with CI/CD.
Our product development teams have struck a fine balance between iterating quickly while still producing high quality code. Every member of the team has a prominent voice and is encouraged to experiment, take risks and make suggestions that will have an impact on the business.
Interested? We are on a strong growth path, so don’t miss the chance!
If you'd like to be part of a highly collaborative and cross-functional team, with limitless opportunities to learn and grow, get in touch. Send us your application and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible. We’re excited to hear from you!
Are you curious about the Start-up culture at HeyJobs?
Take a look at our Kununu or Glassdoor ratings!