DataCamp is looking for a passionate and ambitious Full Stack Engineer to join our multidisciplinary Growth team. Your main focus will be to run fast-paced online experiments to maximize growth at DataCamp. The goal is to go from experiment definition to conclusion in one week. You will be closely working with a data scientist, a growth marketer, a product manager, and another engineer to achieve that goal.
- Own the implementation and split-testing of high-impact features across multiple different microservices built with Rails & React
- Work across multiple applications owned by other engineers without hindering anyone else’s productivity
- Creatively leverage existing design system and assets to build new experiences with minimal hand-holding from a designer or product manager
The ideal candidate
- Should have a clear understanding of standard web development processes and best practices
- Is a strong communicator who can explain technical concepts in an understandable manner
- Is comfortable rapidly writing throwaway code that gets the job done -- even if it’s not well-optimized, well-tested, or well-architected
- Cares more about the business impact of the work than the elegance of the technical solution
- Must be detail-oriented, self-organized and capable of tracking multiple tasks simultaneously
What will make you stand out
- Having a working knowledge of A/B testing fundamentals
- Awareness of the potential web performance implications of running A/B tests
- Deep knowledge of Ruby on Rails
- Past experience working in product, design, or technology education
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary and stock options at an early stage company
- 100% of medical and dental insurance premiums paid
- Flexible hours
- International company retreats
- Work with a great team (everyone says this, but we’re serious)
DataCamp is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To learn more, take a look at our EEO and Anti - Harassment Policy.