The Muse is the most trusted and beloved career platform, connecting individuals and companies on a more authentic level. We support over 75 million people looking to craft meaningful careers through TheMuse.com and our employer partners. Smart companies work with us to attract today’s top talent, giving candidates the information they need to find the company that is right for them. Why? Because life’s too short to hate your career.
The Muse is seeking a talented UI/UX Specialist who is deeply curious and motivated by solving tough problems that make a difference in users’ lives. Join our team of smart, curious, respectful, friendly, fun, driven Musers who believe in making the world of work better.
How You'll Make an Impact
- Collaborate and iterate with product and engineering to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges and user needs for all The Muse products
- Rapidly produce multiple solutions, from sketches, wireframes, and user flows to high-fidelity mockups and prototypes, depending on the level of detail needed to present and communicate proposed solutions and interaction flows that will resonate with our target audience.
- Conduct user tests, research, and experiments to capture and understand real users’ motivations, goals, and pain points.
- Dig into analytics data to monitor current product usage patterns and identify future areas of enhancement
- Present your work to various stakeholders, explaining your creative process and how your final design aligns with the product goals.
- Provide specs, assets, interactive prototypes and design requirements to developers.
- Keep up with the latest, web, Android and iOS releases, design trends and mobile innovations to design beautiful user experiences.
- Define innovative user interfaces that result in improved user experience/productivity
- Work with product designers and other team members on wireframes and iterative click-through prototypes
- Focus on UI and UX design principles, understand how to gather product requirements, incorporate user research, frame the problem, focus on the user, and articulate and drive a clear design direction
- Incorporate user research and usability testing to iterate on product solutions
Why We'll Love You
- 7+ years of experience in UX/UI design
- Strong UX, UI, and User Research work experience
- Creative problem solving approach with a positive attitude
- Passion for creating products that resonate on an emotional level
- Curiosity and commitment to testing new ideas and innovation
- Experience driving and applying user-centered design processes while working collaboratively with cross-functional teams and stakeholders
- Experience designing for both consumer and internal facing audiences
- Ability to work independently, identify and solve problems effectively and efficiently
- Effective communicator, presenter, and negotiator
- Strong ability to think across disciplines, from full product experience, to UI interaction,
- Proficient in a variety of methods to convey ideas and concepts, such as storyboards, wireframes, prototypes, etc
- Experience in Agile development processes
- Mastery of design tools such as Sketch, Marvel, Invision and other tools
- A stunning online portfolio
Why You'll Love Us
- You’ll be surrounded by a collaborative team that is working together to reshape the future of work.
- Our team works on problems, not tasks. We like to help our users and other teams turn their needs into great products.
- We move fast, with multiple releases every day and an iterative approach to developing new features and measuring their success.
- You’ll work at a tech company founded by two badass women—Our founders believe transparency is important so they really try to share as much as they can about changes to The Muse strategy, board meetings, and when they are wrestling with big company-wide decisions.
- The Muse actually has—and sticks to—a “no assholes” policy, so you can come to work everyday knowing you will always be surrounded by good people who genuinely care about you.
- We invest in growing our people—personally and professionally
- We offer unlimited vacation—and we mean it!
About Our Design Team
We are a small team of digital designers with expertise in visual design and interaction design. We’re excited to grow and bring in more expertise in UX and design research. We partner closely with product management and engineering to strategize, design, and launch digital products. We’re always looking for ways to enhance collaboration and add the right tools in place, such as combining Sketch Libraries and Storybook to make handoffs with engineering and feature QA easier.
We believe that a strong design culture is essential to delivering top-notch work, and that design can be a powerful tool to build a relationship with our users. We take a pragmatic approach to design, and always strive for our work to make someone else’s life better.
At The Muse, we believe that great ideas come from anywhere. We support a collaborative environment and value open participation from individuals with different ideas, experiences, and perspectives. We believe having a diverse team makes The Muse a more interesting and innovative place to work, and we strive every day to make The Muse a welcoming and inclusive place for all.
If this could be your dream job, please submit a cover letter and resume, so we can get to know you a little better.