On a Mac you can view .ai files in Apple Preview without any changes.
You can upload the .ai files to Google Drive and view them there.
Simply change the file extension from .ai to .pdf ( Rename [filename].ai to [filename].pdf ). The .pdf file can then be opened with any free .pdf viewer like Adobe Reader.
The .pdf files can be viewed and edited by all Vector Graphics Software ( free or paid )
How to Open .ai files without Adobe Illustrator
If the .ai files are saved as default with .pdf compatibility you can handle them as .pdf files. Simply change the file extension from .ai to .pdf ( Rename [filename].ai to [filename].pdf ). The .pdf files can be viewed and edited by all Vector Graphics Software ( free or paid ).
Also try to change the file extension from .ai to .eps . On a Mac, Apple Preview can convert .eps to .pdf
You can also open the .ai files in:
Adobe Illustrator, Graphic, Affinity Designer, Inkscape, Corel Draw.
- Quit Illustrator
- Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) as you start Illustrator. Your current settings are deleted.
- Remove or rename the AIPrefs file (Windows) or Adobe Illustrator Prefs file (Mac OS). New preferences files are created the next time you start Illustrator.
- Quit Photoshop
- Press and hold Shift+Ctrl+Alt (Win) or Shift+Command+Option (Mac) as you start Photoshop. Your current settings are deleted.
- A message will pop up asking if you want to delete the Adobe Photoshop Settings file. This is your Preferences file. Choose Yes.
Hit the Action record/play button.
- File > Open an image.
- Resize image, canvas or crop to required size.
- Close image.
- Hit Stop button on Actions panel.
Select your image folder and the Action name.