Total Recall: If you're in California, please vote by tomorrow


God damn, 5 more hours before polls close.

Leslie Nielsen Good Luck GIF by filmeditor

I imagine there will be lawsuits filed the moment the polls close, despite there being zero basis for any of them. What a garbage person.

9 Likes

At some point, filing frivolous and baseless lawsuits needs to be penalized.

7 Likes

I just think of all the years where so-called tort reform was a centerpiece of the Republican agenda. I remember the 2004 commercials destroying then-candidate John Edwards’ background as a civil litigator because he had the gall to defend children who were subject to birth defects due to medical malpractice. I guess they only care about “frivolous lawsuits” when it’s not them doing the filing.

7 Likes

They only time they care about anything is when it benefits them…

5 Likes

They sure flogged the hell out of that “McDonald’s Coffee” lawsuit story. Forget that the basic facts of that story were widely misreported and blown completely out of context.

6 Likes

What time do the polls close out there?

Yeah. I watched the documentary about that, and it always pisses me off when people start whinging about that lawsuit.

3 Likes

8 pm Pacific. We mailed ours in weeks ago.

4 Likes

So another nearly 3 hours to go? It’s after 5 there?

Good on you, though! We went and voted early since the pandemic started, never voted by mail, though.

And good luck to all the Cali folks! We’re rooting for you.

7 Likes

6:20…

Two hours past the usual, but I’m blazing one up anyway…

5 Likes

It is 6:18 pm here now. Less than 2 hours. I hope that the No wins by a very wide margin.

5 Likes

Thanks (and @Barradeno) ! I can never keep time zones straight in my head, for some reason.

Enjoy!

The rest of us too!

5 Likes

Pop Tv GIF by Schitt's Creek

6 Likes

Looking good so far!

9 Likes

CNN has called it with 61% reporting: No.

10 Likes

CNN has just projected the recall is defeated. Thank goodness.

This cost CA taxpayers $276 million.

So much for Republican “fiscal responsibility”, eh?

11 Likes

Exactly what I did. I understand why page 2 was largely left to world+dog, but it seemed a logical choice.

3 Likes

To quote a joke from Colbert:

60% were opposed to recall; the other 40% were running for governor.

Thank whatever powers that be that this expensive needless stupidity is past us, for now.

Fucking fuckers.

Not sure if this has been shared already:

7 Likes

In a world where the Republicans were able to field a recall candidate who wasn’t a complete fucking joke we’d be hearing a concession speech right about now.

Of course if we lived in a world like that the whole election might have gone in a different direction, so maybe it’s for the best.

4 Likes

We have already established that we don’t live in the darkest timeline, just the dumbest.

Best tweet I’ve seen so far, which sums up my own feelings perfectly:

image

7 Likes

For them, anything that hurts democracy in general is probably money well spent.

1 Like

← previous page