Rescale is the leader in enterprise big compute and is one of the fastest growing tech companies in Silicon Valley. Our customers range from disruptive and innovative startups to leading global automotive manufacturers. Our dynamic team is welcoming, collaborative and diverse. Becoming a part of the Rescale team means that you are part of the next generation in big compute. You will become part of the disruption which is turning traditional HPC on its head.
As a data engineer at Rescale, you will own the infrastructure that provides analytics on everything from supersonic jet design to molecular modeling. Your experience and input will help define our next generation of data tools for high performance computing.
In this role, you will build systems and products to do things like:
• Optimize selection of compute profiles (CPU, memory, and networking) across multiple clouds for customer HPC workload performance.
• Forecast cloud compute demand and capacity for extremely dynamic workloads.
• Help customers explore complex HPC engineering design spaces more efficiently.
• Internal alerts for subtle performance degradations on customer HPC workloads.
• External reporting to partner software vendors on how Rescale customers are using their applications.
• Internal usage reporting for product, sales, and marketing teams.
Key Qualifications include:
• BSCS, or similar degree.
• 3+ years of experience.
• Standing up and maintaining a production data warehouse.
• Development of Python-based data tooling.
• Building ETL pipelines for medium data.
• Implementing this infrastructure on a public cloud.
• Proficiency with SQL and Data Modeling.
Ideally, you will also have experience with:
• AWS (EMR, Redshift, RDS, Glue).
• High performance computing.
• Configuration management tool(s) (salt, puppet, chef, ansible, etc.).
• Scaling and tuning both relational and non-relational datastores.
• Container Orchestration tools.
Rescale is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. As part of our standard hiring process for new employees, employment with Rescale will be contingent upon successful completion of a comprehensive background check.