R&D – Engineering
Unbabel’s“Translation as a Service” platform allows modern enterprises to understand and be understood by their customers in dozens of languages.
Powered by AI and refined by a global community of tens of thousands of human linguists, Unbabel delivers professional-grade content at the scale required by modern enterprises like Facebook, Microsoft, Under Armour, Pinterest and Expedia.
Backed by Scale Venture Partners, Notion, Microsoft Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Samsung NEXT and Y Combinator, Unbabel is accelerating the shift to a world without language barriers.
We are a diverse team, working every day to build an outstanding organisational culture, based on strong values of transparency, team spirit and continuous learning, with a fast-paced Silicon Valley atmosphere in the beautiful city of Lisbon, Portugal.
We are currently seeking a VP Engineering for our team in our Lisbon office.
- Build and manage the engineer team
- Create a great engineer culture, leading and designing the engineering org. and representing engineering at the leadership level.
- Define the engineering roadmap
- Manage the engineering recruitment process
- Manage the team, coaching them, checking their perfomance and observe accountability.
- Ensure the company delivers high quality software on a predictable schedule. High Quality: Compliance with specs, Number of bugs. Predictable Schedule: Respect product delivery dates. This means ensuring the right tools are chosen, that technical debt is managed, and the right long-term software is being built.
- Ensure the team has an actionable product roadmap to execute against.
- Success is defined by timely delivery and low team churn.
4. Key Relationships
- C-Level Members
- Management Team
Qualifications & Skills
- Strong people skills:
- Experience in management large groups of engineers(from 30 to 60)
- Experience in managing in x-functional teams
- Be a bridge between the executive team and the engineers
- Strong technologic background:
- Python, C++(Elixir and Go are a plus)
- SQL, MongoDB
- High verbal and written communication in English(C1 CEFR level)
- Competitive salary at one of Europe’s leading tech startups
- Stimulating startup environment committed to diversity and inclusion
- Individual budget for training and conferences
- Individual budget to setup your workstation (mechanical keyboard, mouse, etc.)
- Stock options
- Health Insurance
- MacBook and external monitor
- Yearly company retreat
- Healthy food(fruit, dairy & snacks) in the office
- English, Portuguese and Japanese language courses
- Surf trips every Thursday morning before work
- Team lunch every Tuesday
- Drinks and snacks every Friday
Sounds great, doesn't it? If this position fits your profile, apply now with your CV in English!
(We are not accepting candidates coming from recruitment agencies at this moment)