Nurx is looking for senior/principal iOS engineers to help build our next generation iOS-based healthcare platform. We launched our first app on iOS, and it remains the primary way our patients consult with their doctors and request new prescriptions. As we enter the second phase of growth as a company, we’re building a larger iOS team to deliver the next edition of our patient tools.
A major goal is to simplify the process of collecting health data and sharing with your Nurx physician by integrating with existing fitness and health tracking applications, and are looking for iOS engineers to help us begin developing our second major release of our application that will integrate with new partners, migrate away from SMS to in-app chat with our providers. (We’ll share more about our roadmap as soon as we’re under NDA!)
In addition to leading the technical design and implementation of our new app, you’ll also work closely with our patient experience and medical product teams to launch new treatments to help the Nurx platform reach even more patients who can’t access healthcare, need to save money, or simply want a more convenient primary care option.
You can have a major impact by...
- Leveraging your in-depth knowledge of the entire iOS development ecosystem to help us streamline our build and deploy processes.
- Lead our efforts to integrate HealthKit, Apple Pay, and fitness data available on device into our existing patient medical records.
- Working closely with our platform teams to design and implement new treatments.
Your role here will involve...
- Building our next generation iOS applications for a variety of devices (iPhone and iPad).
- Working closely with product and medical teams to define our mobile and patient roadmap.
- Coaching and mentoring our colleagues on API design for mobile performance and security.
- Collaborating with our design and product teams to launch UI and application experiments that simplify primary care.
To succeed, we think you should have...
- A passion to help change healthcare and define a new way of interacting with doctors.
- A track record of developing and supporting complex mobile applications, preferably in a direct to consumer environment.
- Worked closely with product and project management teams to build a combined product and technology roadmap.
- Experience as an engineer (of course!)
At Nurx, we’re creating a future where healthcare is easily accessible and affordable for everyone and building software that empowers people to be in control of decisions about their own health.
Our platform enables doctors to give patients personalized care at lower costs and prescriptions delivered straight to their door. We are committed to disrupting the healthcare system and increasing access to healthcare for millions across the country, starting with birth control and PrEP.
And we need you to help us continue to make this happen.
- Talented and collaborative team who will both support and challenge you.
- Market competitive salary and equity.
- Medical, dental, commuter, wellness, and engineering technology benefits.
- 401(k) retirement plan.
- Paid holiday, vacation, and sick leave.
- Take what you need vacation (and we really mean it!).
This position is full-time and based in San Francisco.