The Muse is the most trusted and beloved career platform, connecting individuals and companies on a more authentic level. We support over 75 million people looking to craft meaningful careers through TheMuse.com and our employer partners. Smart companies work with us to attract today’s top talent, giving candidates the information they need to find the company that is right for them. Why? Because life’s too short to hate your career.
As a Product Manager, Growth, you’ll be responsible for answering this question: How do we discover, test, implement, and scale non-incremental growth experiments that attract and engage users and customers?
Our ideal candidate is a leader and team player with a curious mind who takes a rigorous test-and-learn approach. In this role, you’ll champion efforts to rapidly grow The Muse audience and deepen our relationships with the next-gen workforce and the employers that seek to hire them. This role requires expertise across SEO, product, email, and social. A desire to evaluate and try new things is critical to success. This role reports to the SVP of Product and will work cross-functionally with product, engineering, marketing, and content to drive scale.
How you’ll make an impact
- You’ll develop strategies to grow unique visitors and total reach across channels, including SEO, email, social, syndication/partnerships, and employers.
- You’ll develop, test, and scale new ways to drive acquisition, conversion, engagement, and retention across channels.
- You’ll lead, analyze, implement, and socialize a robust A/B/multivariate testing program, collaborating closely with product, engineering, marketing, and content.
- You’ll interact directly with our users and customers to understand their motivations and behaviors.
- You'll monitor and measure launched products and share learnings back into the product development process.
- You'll work cross-functionally and with the Product Development team to bring features live to the site
- You'll understand and lead analyses of the competitive environment, customers and product metrics to determine the right set of features to drive engagement and usage.
Why We’ll Love You
- You have at least 7 years of experience in growth Product Management or equivalent role, including search engine optimization campaigns.
- You have a diverse background, preferably with experience working on more than one functional team (data, engineering, product, marketing, operations) or previous experience working cross-functionally to achieve goals. In addition, you enjoy working cross-functionally and successfully navigate and nurture relationships outside of your own team.
- You pride yourself on your excellent project management skills, stakeholder engagement, and follow through.
- You’re deeply data-driven and results-oriented, capable of understanding complex data analysis and executing analysis in tools such as Google Analytics, BrightEdge, and other analytics platforms.
- You’re a fantastic communicator and listener and very curious
- You’re familiar with all aspects of SEO: on-page, external, and technical, and you have used tools such as ahrefs, DeepCrawl, Screaming Frog, SEMRush, and Google Search Console to optimize for search.
- You enjoy doing a little bit of everything from data analysis to light programming to copywriting on your own when needed.
- Learning new systems and tools doesn’t intimidate you. You can figure out almost anything. You are familiar with SEO and web analytics, BI tools, web development, marketing automation and personalization
Why you’ll love us
- You’ll work at a tech company founded by two badass women—Our founders believe transparency is important so they really try to share as much as they can about changes to The Muse strategy, board meetings, and when they are wrestling with big company-wide decisions.
- The Muse actually has—and sticks to—a “no assholes” policy, so you can come to work everyday knowing you will always be surrounded by good people who genuinely care about you.
- We invest in growing our people—personally and professionally
- We offer unlimited vacation—and we mean it!
At The Muse, we believe that great ideas come from anywhere. We support a collaborative environment and value open participation from individuals with different ideas, experiences, and perspectives. We believe having a diverse team makes The Muse a more interesting and innovative place to work, and we strive every day to make The Muse a welcoming and inclusive place for all.
If this could be your dream job, please submit a cover letter and resume, so we can get to know you a little better.