We're Lawn Love, a new type of lawn care service. We bring software and data (truckloads of data!) to the sprawling, low-tech lawn care market. We’re hiring an experienced VP of Engineering to help us reinvent this $83B/year industry.
Our platform connects hundreds of thousands of lawn-havers with independent gardeners all across the country. We’re currently operating in more than 120 cities across 38 states, and are growing quickly.
- As an early hire, you’re helping build and maintain our unique engineering culture. You'll lead by example as you model Lawn Love's values.
- Handle one-on-ones with engineers, administer performance reviews, and serve as the team's coach. You'll remove whatever barriers exist between engineers and their best-possible work.
- Review pull requests to stay knowledgeable about the ever-evolving codebase.
- Scale the engineering team's brainpower; keep the engineering organization nimble to meet current and future needs; be a conduit for information sharing within ENG and the broader company.
- Work alongside our product manager and product owners to inform development of new features.
- Plan for the engineering organization's future. What does Lawn Love look like a year from now and how do we get there?
Our stack + engineering culture
- PHP 7 / MySQL powered backend with React Native iOS and Android phone apps.
- Deep AWS integration with one-click deploys from GitHub and peace-of-mind from Travis CI test suites.
- Using a lean process (Kanban) in Jira to manage the pipeline of new projects. Engineers are self-organizing, helping us work without the overhead of formal scrum.
- Huge fans of continuous integration, one-idea-per-commit, and feature flag philosophies.
Why lawn care?
Lawn Love solves problems for both lawn care consumers (anyone with grass, shrubs, or xeriscaping) and the pros doing the work. We've brought a suite of 21st century tools to a very antiquated industry, including: Online quoting, scheduling, and payments; quantitative analyses to ensure consumers get a great lawn pro, every time; and job routing and clustering algorithms that increase pros' route density and efficiency.
- We're both well-funded and profitable. We launched out of YCombinator in 2014, and have raised significant funding from world-class investors.
- Looking for personal development? Our growth has been explosive, with each month bringing new challenges as we scale.
- We're here to work hard, have fun, and make history. Our goal is to build the largest high-tech lawn service on the planet.
- You can catch a glimpse of the Lawn Love life in a Snappr profile.
- Unmetered vacation, full health coverage, catered lunches on Fridays, 401k, fully-stocked snack kitchen, and more.
- A relaxed working environment with real work/life balance--we've managed to find a rare combination of hyper-growth and reasonable, balanced working hours.
- Significant equity. When we say you’ll be an “owner,” we mean that not just in the metaphorical sense.
Come make history with us.