Faire is using machine learning to change wholesale and help local retailers compete with Amazon and the big box stores. Our experienced data scientists and machine learning engineers are tackling recommendations, ranking, search, and underwriting, helping local retail thrive!
Fair is looking for an experienced analytics leader to oversee our analytics platform. Faire is a highly data-driven organization and the ideal candidate for this role will be able to perform complex, mission-critical analyses to inform key business decisions and optimize our data infrastructure to ensure our internal data is accessible and easy to use for stakeholders throughout the organization. This role will collaborate with leaders from a breadth of functional groups within Faire, including data science, finance, business operations, product, engineering, sales, and marketing. This role will have tremendous impact on the ability for Faire to use our data effectively as we scale in order to make data driven decisions quickly and thus will be critical to the company’s long-term success.
As a Senior Data Infrastructure Analyst You Will:
- Own Faire’s analytics platform and serve as point person for our analytics tools (Mode, Heap, etc)
- Enable our organization to continue to be highly data-driven as we scale by building ETL tables, performing complex ad hoc analyses, and building reports and KPI dashboards for real-time performance monitoring
- Evaluate new tools and resources to make Faire’s data more accessible to employees through Faire, including those with limited or no knowledge of SQL
- Work on projects across a breadth of functional areas including sales, marketing, operations, business development, performance management, finance, and strategy
- Identify issues, develop hypotheses, and execute in-depth analyses to translate data into insights and make recommendations to Faire’s leadership team based on your findings
- Lead A/B test design and implementation for growth and engagement campaigns, and make results-driven recommendations
- BA/BS degree, ideally in computer science or a quantitative field. Graduate degree a plus.
- 4+ years of data analytics work experience
- Strong experience working with large data sets, building ETL tables, performing in-depth data analyses in SQL, and creating KPI reports and dashboards in business analytics tools for business partners
- A proven track record of using quantitative analysis to impact key decisions
- Ability to communicate effectively with managers and executives
- Strong project management skills
- You are analytical and data-driven -- you can define KPIs and measure progress / success for your initiatives
- You can think across multiple dimensions of a business (sales, product, marketing etc.) and work cross-functionally to deliver results
- You are a team player and love to deliver outstanding results while having a fun time with your teammates doing it!
- You want to work in a fast-paced environment with constant change
Nice to have
- Knowledge of data science languages (Python, R)
- Experience working with visualization tools (Mode, Tableau, Data Studio)
- Experience with version control (git)
Faire is an innovative online marketplace that uses machine learning to match local retailers with the makers of products that uniquely fit their stores. We are using the power of technology to connect makers and boutiques from all over the world, building a thriving community of over 10,000 small business owners.Our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. We believe entrepreneurship is a calling. It’s a way of life that offers people a level of autonomy and fulfillment that’s become difficult to find elsewhere in our economy. Most of our customers have left behind jobs they hated to take a chance on themselves. We want to make sure their boldness and self-belief gets rewarded.
This mission also extends to the way we are building the company. Every member of our team is an owner of the business and taking part in the founding process.
Faire is being built for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs.
Faire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.