- DynamoDB failed to achieve the required SLA multiple times, especially during the population phase.
- DynamoDB has 3x-4x the latency of Scylla, even under ideal conditions
- DynamoDB is 7x more expensive than Scylla
- Dynamo was extremely inefficient in a real-life Zipfian distribution. You’d have to buy 3x your capacity, making it 20x more expensive than Scylla
- Scylla demonstrated up to 20x better throughput in the hot-partition test with better latency numbers
- Last but not least, Scylla provides you freedom of choice with no cloud vendor lock-in (as Scylla can be run on various cloud vendors, or even on-premises).
Still not convinced? Listen to what our users have to say.
If you’d like to try your own comparison, remember that our product is open source. Feel free to download now. We’d love to hear from you if you have any questions about how we stack up or if you’d like to share your own results. And we’ll end with a final reminder that our Scylla Cloud (now available in Early Access) is built on Scylla Enterprise, delivering similar price-performance advantages while eliminating administrative overhead.