Our Engineering team is growing, and we’re looking for an Application Architect to join our product and engineering team to be a part of creating our consumer and client-facing products. You’ll be working directly within a team of developers, product managers, and designers who are building a suite of products helping our users navigate their careers, from seeking career advice to researching and finding their next dream job, as well as tools for our clients in attracting the best possible candidates.
In this contributor role you will report to the Director of Engineering for the Application Engineering Team, and will be working on technical architecture, planning out of new products and solutions, as well as the implementation of existing ones. We primarily utilize React, Python, AWS and Postgres to build our products while using an iterative approach to our software development, though we are open to individuals who have experience across multiple platforms even if it not ours. We are looking for someone who is looking to lead and build the development of great software, able to mentor and coach a team that has many questions, looking to learn new technologies, and has a history of having a positive impact on the teams they work with.
About The Muse
The Muse is the most trusted and beloved career platform, connecting individuals and companies on a more authentic level. We support over 75 million people looking to craft meaningful careers through TheMuse.com and our employer partners. Smart companies work with us to attract today’s top talent, giving candidates the information we need to find the company that is right for them. Why? Because life’s too short to hate your career.
How you'll make an impact
- You’ll help design and implement not just features that help millions of people curate their careers and find better jobs, but also define how our backend and front end systems work, helping us create modern, lean, well-built web applications that can grow, scale, and be improved every day.
- You’ll define our team’s best practices and drive the implementation of them in our products.
- You’ll work with product managers, designers, and other engineers to turn product ideas and concepts into reality.
- You’ll ensure our entire stack is always up to date and will be encouraged to contribute to many great tools in the open source community.
- You'll be a voice in our technical and product roadmap.
Why we’ll love you
- You have a history of designing and implementing high-performance applications that are used at scale.
- You actively work on honing your engineering skills with technologies across the web stack. And because we use Python, React, AWS, and Postgres, you are able to help lead conversations on best practice.
- You’re fanatical about learning new tools and teaching them to others. We like to pick technologies because they make sense. We’re not afraid to try something new when we feel that it could be useful, even if we’ve never used it before.
- You like to move fast – our team uses continuous integration and deployment practices to push to production multiple times every day following an iterative approach to developing new features.
- You are committed to quality! Someone who’s willing to identify and tackle technical debt, and is ready to evolve our processes to keep us on our toes.
- You are a mentor and a coach for all the members of teams you work on.
- Like us, you’re all about cross team mentorship and professional growth.
Why you’ll love us
- You’ll work at a tech company founded by two badass women—Our founders believe transparency is important so they really try to share as much as they can about changes to The Muse strategy, board meetings, and when they are wrestling with big company-wide decisions.
- The Muse actually has—and sticks to—a “no assholes” policy, so you can come to work everyday knowing you will always be surrounded by good people who genuinely care about you.
- We invest in growing our people—personally and professionally
- We offer unlimited vacation—and we mean it!
At The Muse, we believe that great ideas come from anywhere. We support a collaborative environment and value open participation from individuals with different ideas, experiences, and perspectives. We believe having a diverse team makes The Muse a more interesting and innovative place to work, and we strive every day to make The Muse a welcoming and inclusive place for all.
If this could be your dream job, please submit a cover letter and resume, so we can get to know you a little better.