Our mission is to redefine the multi-trillion dollar logistics industry - transforming it to address the pressing needs of the 21st century. Supply chain accounts for ~10% of Global GDP and is one of the largest barriers to addressing major global challenges like sustainability, air pollution and food waste. By changing how organizations work together across the global supply chain, we will play a critical role in tackling these challenges head on and unblocking human advancement. We are a team of serial entrepreneurs with extensive backgrounds building world class product, engineering, operations, sales & marketing teams. We know what it takes to go from zero-to-one AND what it takes to achieve scale and transform markets.
About the role
We are looking for a product-minded software engineer who is comfortable with both front and back-end software development to join our founding engineering team. You will be responsible for development and architecture of the application while ensuring stability, security and responsiveness. You will be one of the early technical hires and will help define engineering architecture, process and culture for years to come.
- Collaborate with product management, operations and sales to build a product that our customers genuinely love.
- Communicate effectively within the organization with people sitting next to you and those multiple time zones away. We believe in breaking down silos with strong communication.
- Own features from start to finish: test, development, deployment, and infrastructure.
- Never stop learning. You’ll be responsible for mentoring and learning through code review process, tech talks, and many ad hoc technical conversations.
- Use your judgment to decide what areas of codebase to invest in, when to incur technical debt, when to move fast, and when to slow down.
- Wear many hats: help with scaling our engineering team, define engineering processes, understand the logistics business, and collaborate with other functions within ISO.
We get excited about candidates who have:
- Enjoy building amazing customer experience using React, Redux or TypeScript
- Experience using cloud infrastructure providers such as AWS, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud
- Real-world experience with PostgreSQL
- Advanced knowledge of Git and Github
- Experience working in an agile and fast-paced working environment
Nice to Have:
- Experience in the early-mid stages of a fast-growing company
- You are a self-starter: clubs, volunteer work, passion projects - we want to hear about them!