W e just launched AlgoHive, an open-source project to crowdsource the prediction of cryptocurrency prices and automate crypto trading.
We are now sharing our vision towards where our project is headed. In short we’d like to make our group learnings and breakthroughs more accessible, transparent and easier to contribute.
To that end I have laid out a plan that accomplishes the above while providing a lot more structure to our efforts. AlgoHive is a free open-source community and will always be as far as I am concerned.
To that end I have been approached by several people in the AI and crypto space that have been impressed by what we are building. Based on this level of interest and our rapid community growth I would like to explore possible ways to ultimately generate revenue from our efforts.
There are several revenue models that may make sense which I will share soon. If you are in it just for the learning — great, this will always be a free community.
What I am sharing now is our initial draft of a multi-year vision in what I believe AlgoHive will become. We certainly have all the right people on the bus.
Think of AlgoHive as a crowdsourced tech startup that we are all a part of, learning as we go along and collectively pivoting as needed. Many thanks to the countless hours that our project team has put in to make this launch successful.
Project AlgoHive’s mission is to bring together and collectively iterate on the knowledge and breakthroughs of the best projects on cryptocurrency price prediction using the power of the crowd.
The projects listed here are all members of Project AlgoHive, a community of data scientists, machine experts, crypto traders, financial analysts, and angel investors that are working together to help make cryptocurrency trading safer, smarter and easier.
We love algorithms, crypto, machine learning and AI and work together to ultimately develop the most predictive cryptocurrency algorithm in the world.
- Social sentiment data
- Google Trends
- CCXT Python Library
- GitHub data
- Reddit data
- Deep learning models
- …more data sources explored and assimilated weekly
There are many practical real-world use cases for leveraging machine learning/AI/predictive algorithms for use with crypto and financial markets in general. AlgoHive hopes to bring these ideas closer to reality not by one person or small private team but with a scalable crowdsourced model that has never been attempted in this capacity.
AlgoHive is harnessing the power of the crowd for a more distributed intelligence to solve some of the most challenging problems in the world — starting with shedding more light on the volatile crypto markets.
- [x] Launch first community-backed crypto prediction project (Crypto_signal: see index below for detail)
- [x] Launch website for attracting talent to our project (AlgoHive.com)
- [x] Launch community collaboration platform (Note: Will be moving to Discord due to the fact that we’ve now outgrown Telegram).
- [ ] Move to Discord for more granular community management, role assignments and more scalable taxonomy
- [ ] AlgoHive Public Wallet (initial funding via donations — see detail below)
- [ ] Goal of 20 crypto predictive projects in the AlgoHive portfolio of community projects
- [ ] Release 2019 funding plan (to include costs for community growth, project funding, dedicated staff, etc.)
- [ ] Move repo to a paid GitHub organizational plan with role assignments
- [ ] Partnerships with data providers to provide all AlgoHive members with free access to premium data
Q2 — Q4 2019:
- [ ] Host first AlgoHive Meetup group (in-person meeting of crypto enthusiasts, traders, ML experts and other data practitioners)
- [ ] Launch of AlgoHive podcast (sharing the latest AlgoHive ecosystem projects in the world of crypto and ML/AI
- [ ] Begin on-boarding of AlgoHive initial management team
- [ ] Fundraising round for seed capital
- [ ] Release first AlgoHive crowdsourced crypto trading predictive product
- [ ] Launch of the AlgoHive Crypto Index
- [ ] Launch of AlgoHive AI-Nexus product (currently in private research)
- [ ] Launch AlgoHive Ventures — a US$50m venture fund for accelerating the most promising ML/AI and blockchain projects
- Get free advice from our community of members that live and breath algorithms, data science, machine learning and the latest techniques in crypto trading and analysis.
- Learn about the benefits of leveraging machine learning and data-driven (beyond just TA and FA) approaches to cryptocurrency trading, trade automation and bot creation, and other smart programmatic ways to put your trading on autopilot.
- Full transparency into how we build crypto trading algorithms and bots, all of our research, field testing, expert analyses and yes, even failures (because we’re all here to learn)! 🚀
- Join our free Telegram group (100+ members from all over the world)
- Share this blog post with others who think that this is cool project to be a part of.
- Contribute directly to our open-source GitHub project repository.
After creating my original Bitcoin trading formula that generated a 29% return using Google Trends sentiment analysis I shared with the crypto community the response was overwhelming. So many others wanted to learn how to be smarter about crypto trading.
After many, many conversations with other traders and data experts I discovered that many of us are actually trying to solve the same problem. This led me to build a collaborative platform to bring other great crypto minds together and launch the AlgoHive project and community.
This is free because this is the resource that I would have loved to have years ago but unfortunately I needed to learn it all by myself, make many costly mistakes and had no one to share my ultimate successes with.
We believe that information should be free, borderless and available to all.
Although this is mostly a collaborative approach all the expenses of research, web development, web hosting, community management, developing and testing new algorithms, finding data sources I pay for out-of-pocket. While I want to forward the crypto movement the only way that this will be sustainable in the beginning is via donations.
To that end I am creating an AlgoHive public wallet (crypto donations) which will be publicly viewable by anyone. While a portion of funds will be used for expenses the majority will be used primarily on growing this community and project — and helping to accelerate the most promising projects. Anyone will be able to see real-time any funds used. Ultimately I will align project goals to a crowdfunding initiative for continued project development.
Although crypto donations are very welcome, we also highly value community contributions. There will ALWAYS be a way that you can contribute even if that means volunteering your time and expertise.
We are open to any other ideas that can ensure that funding is transparent and safe — please shoot me a message on Telegram or a note here on Medium if you would like to help.
I’m a data guy and crypto investor from the United States, ex-Fortune 500 company analyst, former head of Growth and Data Analytics for an AI-based virtual assistant that helps Americans avoid medical debt(raised US$1.8m seed round), runner-up in the annual TechCrunch Pitch-off competition and regular writer for Hacker Noon. Here is my LinkedIn and Twitter if you’d like to get to know me better or just follow what I’m doing.
Below is our growing list of AlgoHive community projects that are at the intersection of crypto and machine learning and with promising uses of alternative data sources:
If you would like to recommend another project to be invited to our AlgoHive Index please just shoot me a message on Telegram and I’ll review it. For more detail including our project roadmap and latest projects visit our Github page.