Acquisition Manager, Paid Media
About Tovala Tovala’s mission is to make it easier for people to eat well. The company pairs a countertop steam oven with innovative Tovala IQ technology with a gourmet, fresh meal delivery service. Meals are prepped by Tovala’s top chefs and delivered straight to consumers’ doorsteps. Then, they can use the Tovala Steam Oven to automatically and perfectly cook each meal with the scan of a barcode. The oven cooks each meal on autopilot in under 20 minutes, so consumers enjoy a delicious, freshly cooked dinner with no prep and no cleanup. The company is based in Chicago, won the New Venture Challenge at the University of Chicago Booth School of Business in 2015, participated in the Y Combinator program in 2016, launched in mid-2017, and has raised $13 million in venture capital to date. Why Work With Us? 1. We are at the forefront of the food-tech revolution – and have a chance to improve the way millions of people eat.
2. The opportunity to help build a company from the ground up.
3. We’re a small, close team that loves to travel, have fun, work hard, enjoy life, drink, eat, and try new things.
4. Our diverse team of engineers, designers, chefs, marketers and business-people creates an amazing environment of innovation and learning.
5. We value balance in our lives. As a company we believe in sprinting for important periods of time, then taking time to clear our minds away from work.
6. Working for a food-tech company has its perks, including tons of “R&D” food, healthcare benefits and liberal vacation. As the Acquisition Manager, Paid Media at Tovala, you’ll own our carefully measured customer acquisition efforts by driving growth through superior performance of our paid media channels including Facebook, Instagram, Google Adwords, Criteo, programmatic, and others. You’ll also successfully identify and leverage new paid channels. You’ll be in charge of scaling our paid acquisition efforts (measured by improving CAC and growth). This is an opportunity to truly own and scale paid customer acquisition at a quickly growing, innovative consumer brand. About You - You have at least a bachelor's degree.
- You’re a proven digital marketer with deep expertise across acquisition-marketing channels (especially Facebook), and can provide direction and ownership for Tovala’s performance marketing and acquisition strategies.
- You’ve previously scaled a B2C e-commerce brand via paid customer acquisition, and you can’t wait to do it again!
- You’re analytical with a proven track record of scoping and executing on analytics projects and a bias for A/B testing and experimentation.
- You’re results driven and bring a rigorous, metrics-driven approach to marketing and paid advertising campaigns.
- You’re comfortable evaluating an entire growth funnel using standard marketing KPIs (CTR, CPA, Site Bounce Rate, etc).
- You’re well versed in analytics platforms like Google Analytics, Mixpanel, and FullStory. - You embrace both the science and art of effective customer acquisition.
- You’re comfortable translating brand positioning and messaging strategy into paid advertising campaigns, and can help us inform our messaging tests and strategy.
- You’re a customer-centric marketer who can think holistically about the customer journey and figure out how to use paid media channels to find the right consumers and build the Tovala brand.
- You have a strong ability to rapidly learn new skills and a deep interest in learning about a variety of topics related to startup growth, including SEO, SEM, landing page conversion optimization, viral loops, data science, etc.
- You bring a creative and open mind to the team and are ready to hit the ground running! About the Role - You’ll manage and allocate Tovala’s paid media budget.
- You’ll partner with our high-energy team of marketers, engineers, designers, and copywriters, to determine strategic opportunities, share best practices, and deliver on key cross-functional initiatives.
- You’ll lead the process of identifying, testing, analyzing and scaling new, paid acquisition channels with a fast moving, data driven approach.
- You’ll be responsible for day-to-day operations like account optimization and maintenance, reviewing, editing and loading ad assets, running tests, writing ad copy, and consulting for overall strategy discussions. - You’ll foster storytelling to create a dynamic, engaging and authentic brand experience that successfully reflects the spirit of our mission throughout our paid advertising campaigns.
- You’ll develop and maintain daily, weekly, monthly, and ad hoc reporting on performance by channel, ensuring the efficiency and success of marketing efforts and spend.
- You’ll create your own data-driven hypotheses and strategies for new growth areas.
- You’ll stay on top of new techniques, strategies, tools and changes to test for better results & campaign successes. You’re someone who devours content.
- You’ll document and communicate the success (or failure!) of campaigns, and offer suggestions for ways to improve.