TVs, flashy as they are these days in all their 4K glory, still may lack some features you crave — like all of your iPhone apps.
Being able to mirror your iPhone onto a TV might come in handy if you want to share your photos and videos, or show off a cool game you've downloaded. This way, people can see your phone without having to huddle around the small screen.
Now, certain apps (like YouTube, Netflix, and others) let you cast specific videos or pages to a Chromecast without much trouble. And normally, the only ways to fully mirror an iPhone screen would be using an Apple TV or a physical cable.
But if you have a Chromecast or Chromecast TV, you can use third-party apps to mirror your screen too.
Here are two apps you can use to mirror your iPhone screen to a Chromecast.
How to mirror your iPhone to a Chromecast TV using the Chromecast Streamer app
1. In your iPhone's App Store, download and launch the Chromecast Streamer app. It's free to download and use for a week, at which point you'll have to sign up for a subscription.
2. When prompted, give Chromecast Streamer permission to find and connect to devices on your local network. Make sure that your iPhone is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Chromecast.
3. You should see your Chromecast appear with its given name. Tap it, and then tap "Connect."
Once you've connected, you should be able to close the app and use your iPhone normally, with its screen mirrored to your TV.
Again, this app is only free for one week. After that, you'll have to pay $4.99 per month, or a one-time fee of $17.99.
How to mirror your iPhone to a Chromecast TV using the Replica app
1. Download the Replica: Screen Mirror Cast TV app in the App Store.
2. Open the app and tap "Continue" on the welcome screen.
3. You'll be prompted to buy a Premium version of Replica. Tap the "x" in the top right corner to proceed with the free trial — it lasts two weeks. After that, you can pay $0.99 per week, $2.49 per month, $17.99 per year, or a one-time fee of $54.99.
4. Tap "OK" when prompted to allow Replica to find and connect to devices on your network. Make sure that your Chromecast is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your iPhone.
5. Select your Chromecast-connected TV under "Connect."
6. Tap "Cast Screen Mirror," and then "Start Broadcast" to begin casting.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
Get the latest Google stock price here.
Insider Inc. receives a commission when you buy through our links.