Human Interest is a Y Combinator-backed company that offers an easy and affordable 401(k) retirement plan for the modern workforce. We've built an automated, paperless 401(k) that makes it possible for small and medium-sized businesses to offer a 401(k) benefit to their employees -- something that only 14% of them are able to do today. In doing so, we're empowering businesses of any size to safeguard the financial futures of their employees.
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
We're adding a recruiter to our People team at Human Interest. We're looking for a dynamic, persistent recruiter to hire for technical and non-technical roles as we scale. You'll report to our Head of Recruiting and have the opportunity to own roles and relationships with several hiring managers within the company. Human Interest is growing rapidly and we'll need another set of hands to meet our hiring goals.
- Build and cultivate relationships with a pipeline of top tier technical talent
- Act as an ambassador and evangelist of Human Interest
- Manage relationships with external recruiting agencies
- Create a fair and repeatable high volume recruiting processes with minimal oversight
- Develop and manage a technical sourcing function generating top of funnel for difficult roles
- Build trusted relationships with hiring managers to guarantee a steady stream of qualified candidates
- Effectively communicate the mission, culture, and opportunity for growth at Human Interest
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, commensurate experience considered
- 2+ years of full cycle recruiting experience in high growth startup environment
- Experience developing small to medium sized teams and recruiting engineers + other highly technical and specialized roles
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, understanding that recruiting is the first and last impression of our company
- Highly adaptable + flexible, high level of integrity, strong sense of ethics, responsibility and professionalism
- Self-motivated, coachable, and action-oriented personality
- Experience sourcing candidates via LinkedIn, AngelList, Github, Indeed, ZipRecruiter, etc.
Please feel free to apply to this position even if you do not meet 100% of the requirements listed above.
Why Work With Us?
- We just closed our Series A round of funding, and we count hundreds of businesses all over the United States as our lovely customers. We're proud to be working with business owners and employees who are doing amazing work across a variety of industries: technology, construction, retail, medicine, nonprofit, and many more!
- We have a world-class team from diverse backgrounds, each with a track record of success. We come to work every day knowing we're working on an important problem: helping people save for retirement at a critical time when pensions are going extinct and Social Security isn't enough.
- We believe that all individuals deserve the opportunity for a secure financial future. We want idealistic and talented people to join our team of doers and builders.
- You'll be given autonomy and many responsibilities, all while working with a fun and passionate team of entrepreneurs. Above all, you'll help us solve the #1 financial concern for Americans: not having enough money for retirement.
Diversity and inclusion help us do better as a business, and we deliberately build processes to create a workplace where all are welcome and accepted. We're proactive and purposeful in prioritizing diversity and inclusion internally not only because it's the right thing to do, but also because we believe it's the only way to effectively create products and services that can be truly helpful to all people.
Human Interest acknowledges the fundamental value and dignity of all people. We've pledged ourselves to developing and maintaining an environment that respects diverse traditions, ideas, heritages, and experiences. We're committed to honoring our differences by accepting nothing less than equitable treatment of all applicants and employees.
As an employee benefits company, benefits are very important to us, and Human Interest's philosophy is to be generous when it comes to employees' wellness. Here's what we currently offer:
- A great 401(k) plan: our own! Our 401(k) includes a dollar-for-dollar employer match up to 4% of compensation.
- Top-of-the-line health insurance plans, as well as dental and vision insurance, with premiums fully paid for by the company.
- An annual membership to One Medical Group, with membership fees paid by Human Interest.
- Commuter benefits (use pre-tax money to pay for public transportation, with the company contributing $30/mo)
- FSA with an employer contribution of $500 per year.
- Dollar-for-dollar match of employee donations to non-profit 501(c)(3) organizations, up to $500 per year.
- Healthy snacks and drinks available at our office.
- Parental leave policy
- Primary caregivers: 16 weeks PTO
- Secondary caregivers: 8 weeks PTO
- Time off can be taken any time within the first 12 months of the child's birth
- Office just a short walk away from Montgomery BART and MUNI
- Conference room with video games and couches!
- Regular team offsites retreats and fun events
- Well-stocked snack kitchen
- The highest quality coffee and teas
We have a very particular philosophy when it comes to perks. We believe employer funds are best spent on making our team bond and be more productive, while also investing in the long-term physical, financial, and emotional well-being of our employees.