At Impraise, we believe in the power of people. As a market-leading technology company we make performance management meaningful for employees, actionable for managers, and painless for HR.
Founded in 2013, Impraise is one of the most successful people-focused companies to come out of Y Combinator. With offices in Amsterdam, Lisbon, and New York, Impraise has quickly become one of the fastest growing tech companies in Europe.
Serving hundreds of customers worldwide, Impraise is the partner of choice when it comes to creating a feedback culture that empowers organizations and its most valuable asset — it’s people.
Your challenge as a Back-End Developer:
You’ll become a core part of our product team. We are currently on a mission to build a product that sets a new standard in the market with regard to the way people’s and organization’s handle performance management and personal development. The team aims to build a product that perfectly integrates with workflows of managers and employees. Some of the most innovative mid-size enterprises in the industry are using our product and the team focuses on building a product that scales with those clients as well meets the high standards of our end-users. Together, we will improve the experience of our two native mobile applications and thrive to deliver an innovative experience to our users.
You will own the full development process of features on a platform that scales to thousands of users. You'll be involved in the conceptual phase, define what the product should look like and build it.
To be successful you’ll need
- 3+ years professional experience in computer science working in agile teams
- 2+ years of professional experience using Ruby
- Deep understanding of the Ruby and Ruby on Rails ecosystems
- Unconditional love for TDD
- Experience with Git, and making it a core part of your workflow
- Test driven mentality, with experience with fast paced software development teams
- Strong understanding of modern web development, with a hands on approach to the full stack
Besides these requirements, we value these:
- Docker experience
- An active Github or Bitbucket account with active projects, or contributions to other projects
- Curiosity and personal/small projects in other languages and frameworks, our favourites are Node/JS, Elixir and Go
- Getting things done mentality
What do we offer?
- Product ownership - be part of all stages of the development
- Learn from a talented team, advisors and investors from Europe and USA
- Work in the beautiful city of Lisbon, visits of our headquarter office in Amsterdam
- Be involved in building and scaling a great company
- Competitive salary
- Company team buildings, celebrations
- Vacation policy: 22 paid vacation days a year
- Lunch Voucher
- Annual Professional Development Allowance
- Visa sponsorship
- Company provided laptop and equipment
- Ability to work up to 4 weeks per year remote to be with your family and flexible working