Textile is a lab dedicated to building and exploring new technology to help decentralize consumer applications. We believe that the world’s most valuable future technology will be built on a new model where individuals have complete agency over the data they create. Our mission is to make that future happen faster.
Textile is known for building simple yet powerful developer tools that extend three families of protocols: Libp2p, IPFS, and Filecoin. You can learn more about our tools by reviewing our documentation and checking out some projects in our GitHub organization. We are a fully open source company with a strong focus on community.
We are a small, fully remote team (Twitter list) aligned in our vision to change the relationship between technology and personal data.
Are you passionate about technology and want to have an significant impact on its future? Then join us! Our passion, vision, and product make for an exciting place where self-directed, collaborative, good people will thrive.
As a DevOps Engineer you will be responsible for developing, automating, and scaling infrastructure for Web3. In particular, you will help scale the Textile Hub (GitHub project) and related offerings to enable the next phase of growth and efficiency. The role is for someone with strong hands-on DevOps experience (cloud architecture, automated deployment, Kubernetes orchestration) that also likes to get their hands into the code (primarily written in Go). This is a remote only position. We are looking to fill this position soon.
Ideal Experience and Skills
- 4+ years of DevOps experience.
- Experience with Golang.
- Experience with Kubernetes.
- Experience with Prometheus, Alertmanager, and Grafana.
- Experience with Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana (ELK).
- Experience with HashiCorp (Vault, Packer, etc).
- Experience with Azure or AWS marketplace deployments.
- A general understanding of information security and best practices.
- Familiarity with IPFS, Filecoin, or similar technologies.
- Skilled communicator with excellent communication and documentation skills.
- High levels of intellectual curiosity, professionalism, and self-motivation.
- Self-starter with an interest in influencing and making key product decisions.
- Open source project experience.
- Attention to detail and a passion for software design.
- Contribute to technology on the forefront of the web.
- Work with a company on a mission to have positive impact.
- Work on a fully remote team.
- Work on a small, passionate team.
- Entrepreneurial opportunity where you can have oversized impacts.
- Opportunity to drive innovation and strategy in the core Textile stack.
- Contribute to open source projects.
Textile is a fully remote company spanning GMT-3 to GMT-7. While being small, we've found that it is helpful to have a high level of overlap as a team, so we will give preference to applicants that fall within or close to those timezones.