With so many streaming options out there, we can sometimes end up overwhelmed, overcharged, and over-subscribed to far too many services.
And frustratingly, it's often a lot easier to sign up than it is to cancel a streaming subscription.
For iPhone users ready to break up with Hulu, canceling subscriptions through Apple can be particularly vexing for the uninitiated.
Fortunately, we've navigated the process for you. Here are the seven steps to achieve a conscious uncoupling from your monthly payment or free trial with Hulu.
How to cancel Hulu on an iPhone
Though you can sign up for a subscription on Hulu's mobile app, you cannot cancel a subscription on the app. The Account page of the app's settings menu simply tells you to go to the website to manage your account.
But, if you've subscribed to Hulu through the mobile app, you can cancel your subscription from your iPhone's Settings app.
1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. Tap your name and Apple ID, at the very top.
3. Select "Subscriptions," located beneath "Payment & Shipping." Alternatively, you can get to the Subscriptions page by tapping "Media & Purchases," then tapping "Subscriptions" toward the bottom of the following page.
4. On the Subscriptions screen, under "Active," tap on your Hulu subscription. If your Hulu subscription isn't on this page, you're either signed into the wrong Apple ID account, or you didn't sign up for Hulu through the iPhone app.
5. You'll see under "Options" two types of memberships, with a check mark next to your current subscription package. Tap "Cancel Subscription" at the bottom of the page, or if you're currently in the free trial phase of your subscription, tap "Cancel Free Trial."
After you've cancelled, you'll still be able to use Hulu until the end of the billing period or free trial you've signed up for.