Are you ready to change an industry? Excited to enter on the ground floor of a fast-paced, high-growth startup in a wide open market?
There are over 1M independent retailers in the US and Canada, doing more than twice the revenue of Walmart and Amazon combined. As economic data increasingly shows, these stores are much better suited to offer a shopping experience that will satisfy today’s consumers than their big-box counterparts. However, an antiquated wholesale industry is holding these stores back and making life miserable for the makers trying to reach them.
Our goal at Faire is to rethink the wholesale model with an online marketplace that makes it easy for retailers and makers to connect and succeed together. Instead of flying all over the country to attend trade shows, retailers can visit our site to shop for hundreds of curated makers that they can try out totally risk-free. This revolutionary offering has drawn over 20,000 retailers to the Faire platform in less than a year after our launch.
Our founders led product and engineering for Square Capital ($10B deployed) and the Cash app (Square’s only app in the top 20 of the iOS app store). We're backed by some of the top VC funds including Sequoia, Khosla, and Forerunner, and we were recently the 2nd youngest company to make the list of Y Combinator’s Top 100 startups.
You can find out a bit more about us here:
We are looking for a dynamic and relentlessly resourceful candidate to lead product at Faire.
What does this mean? As VP of Product, you will be responsible for crafting and executing on the product roadmap to drive the success of makers and retailers on our platform. Your core metric will be growing our share of wallet with existing retailers and makers. You will own every facet of the retailer and maker experience the product. As a foundational member of Faire’s executive team reporting directly to the CEO, you will use your leadership ability, strategic thinking, creative problem-solving skills, and your drive to get things done. You will have a massive impact on Faire’s business and the lives of the makers you work with.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will...
- Own the product roadmap and drive execution of features, processes and initiatives to improve maker sell-through, efficiency and experience
- Prioritize data science initiatives to improve recommendations to increase retailer order volume
- Be a foundational member of the leadership team, informing all major strategic decisions and helping shape the culture
We’re excited about you because...
- You have 5+ years of relevant work experience in a leadership role at a high-growth tech startup. Experience in merchandising is a plus.
- You are a positive, resourceful, self-starting individual who meets challenges head-on with excitement and determination
- You are a natural leader who relishes the opportunity to build systems, celebrate successes and push your team members to the next level
- You are data-driven. You search for evidence to inform your decisions. You have strong quantitative and analytical abilities with deep understanding of key metrics and how to think quantitatively about the impact of your decisions.
- You ruthlessly prioritize. You balance quick wins with long-term investments appropriately.
- Cross-functional communication comes naturally to you in solving problems and addressing roadblocks. You have a strong orientation toward problem-solving and decision-making in an open and collaborative environment and toward making decisions that will benefit our customers and the organization as a whole
- You are a creative problem-solver. You excel at identifying unintuitive solutions to tough problems.
- You find helping people rewarding. You draw energy from solving problems for others. When someone comes to you with a problem, you drop what you are doing to figure out how to fix it.