Nurx is looking for experienced full stack Software Engineers to join our growing engineering team. You'll be responsible for technical decisions that impact our Ember web app, building our API framework and the platform that powers prescribing and fulfillment. Candidates for this role will be passionate about system design, well written code, and testing, and excel at coming up with simple approaches to complex problems.
What you'll do:
- Architect/implement/recommend new software component designs or enhancements to existing software products; leads in the implementation of platform components.
- Build front end and backend components of an evolving real-time web application.
- Contribute to platform-level technology, strategy and decisions.
- Quality and high standards really matter to us - you will focus on continually applying high coding standards, excellent attention to detail and a methodological work process.
- Demonstrate proper coding techniques including maintainability, reuse, clean code, unit testing and driving standards within the team.
- Ensure performance scalability, availability and security in everything you do.
- Coach and help teammates through code reviews and white-boarding sessions.
- Engage in the business goals as well as the technology.
A bit about you:
- 4+ years’ experience working for a tech-focused company.
- BS in Computer Science, Math, or equivalent work experience. Experience writing good software is a suitable replacement for a technical degree.
- Strong architecture and system design skills.
- Writes readable, maintainable, testable, and performant code.
- Passion for software development processes and engineering culture.
- Can evaluate tradeoffs between implementation time, maintainability, and impact.
- You are someone that challenges the norm and isn’t afraid to voice their opinion.
At Nurx, we’re creating a future where healthcare is easily accessible and affordable for everyone and building software that empowers people to be in control of decisions about their own health.
Our platform enables doctors to give patients personalized care at lower costs and prescriptions delivered straight to their door. We are committed to disrupting the healthcare system and increasing access to healthcare for millions across the country, starting with birth control and PrEP.
And we need you to help us continue to make this happen.
- Talented and collaborative team who will both support and challenge you.
- Market competitive salary and equity.
- Medical, dental, commuter, wellness, and engineering technology benefits.
- 401(k) retirement plan.
- Paid holiday, vacation, and sick leave.
- Take what you need vacation (and we really mean it!).
This position is full-time and based in San Francisco.