San Francisco, CA
BuildZoom is modernizing the $1.2 trillion remodeling and construction industry through a data-driven marketplace built on a foundation of objectivity and transparency. Since emerging from Y Combinator in 2013, we've grown rapidly, and currently help over 1.5 million people make critical decisions about their homes each month.
This is a opportunity to be a part of and help build our sales and operations base in San Francisco. The City Launcher position is a hybrid role that combines elements of sales, operations, business development, and customer success. This experience will also breed future entrepreneurs — it will test how committed you are to closing a deal, how you design and iterate on processes that will optimize your team for success, and how you navigate complex environments with multiple stakeholders.
Compensation for the role is a mixture of base salary and incentive-based pay.
In this role you will:
- Guide clients through the entire BuildZoom journey as their first point of contact — leveraging in-person, phone, text, and email communication.
- Personally manage a high volume of fast-moving transactions in an organized, professional, and friendly manner
- Cultivate relationships and serve SF homeowners on a daily basis, including regular hours and as needed on weeknights and weekends.
- Work as part of a team that owns performance for project completions in SF and nearby regional markets.
- Work closely with a world-class operations team to rapidly build better process, tools and metrics.
- Gather and synthesize customer insights to help our product and marketing teams deliver a better online and offline customer experience.
As a City Launcher:
- You have a proactive, problem-solving attitude and strong work ethic: you succeed no matter what and never let the ball drop
- You are a fast learner, are highly coachable, and are a leader to those around you
- You have strong sales intuition and are excited to build relationships with customers
- You are able to juggle a wide variety of tasks
- You have fantastic interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- You have strong organizational and time-management skills
- You are open to non-conventional hours and travel (projects and their needs happen mornings, nights, and weekends — although we collectively do our best to protect off-time)
- You have 2+ years of experience in sales or customer service
- You have excelled in fast-moving startup environments
Estimated on-target earnings $100,000 - $150,000