Title: Marketing Specialist
Experience = 2+ years
Job Type: Full-time
Location: San Francisco, California
What we Do
Cofactor Genomics is a biotechnology company pioneering the use of RNA to diagnose disease. Founded by three former Human Genome Project scientists, our products combine biology with machine learning to enable a new era of research and medical tests that will improve human health. Cofactor is based in San Francisco with an office and lab in St. Louis, resulting in a unique team culture that is both Midwest and West Coast, the best of both worlds. We have the energy of a start-up environment with the intellectual maturity of a team that has decades of experience, and the ideal combination of a high growth and highly supportive workplace.
We are looking for individuals who strive for excellence. Cofactor’s team has a strong reputation of competency, dedication, and productivity, and proudly contribute to a cause that is impacting healthcare. If you want to be on a collaborative team in the rapidly growing biotech field, join us!
About the Position
The person for this position should have an interest in science and medicine, an eye for design, and advanced communication skills. Not everyone can make technical figures look beautiful, or tell a compelling story about a complicated scientific experiment, but your expertise will be valuable to help us lead the field of RNA-based diagnostics.
This position will join our Marketing Team, full-time and will report to the Director of Scientific Projects and Market Development. He/She will work across the company to support R&D, product, and sales teams. A background in science will help, but is not essential to succeeding in this role. Someone who loves to be challenged, learns quickly, and enjoys translating sophisticated subjects into understandable communication materials will be happy in this role.
- Create compelling content for various vehicles (blogs, newsletters, videos, marketing collateral, email campaigns, etc.) highlighting technical data generated by the product development and R&D teams
- Manage content calendar and social media presence
- Manipulate images, icons, and other design work in accordance with brand guidelines
- Gather feedback from the sales team to improve marketing materials and messaging
- Develop and execute email or other digital marketing campaigns to drive awareness and lead generation
- Coordinate and execute trade show and conference planning including working with vendors to arrange space, shipping literature and materials, equipment rental, lead capture, and presentation details with the goal of maximizing company exposure and producing sales leads
Investor Relations and Corporate Presence
- Partner with internal and external resources to promote thought leadership in the field
- Generate materials highlighting the company’s monthly, quarterly and yearly objectives and accomplishments
- Enhance our ability to bring the Cofactor brand and values to life
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Business, Marketing, with at least 1-2 years experience in a technical field or a Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline (chemistry, biology, health science, etc) with 2-5 years of marketing experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, as well as marketing and design software including Google Analytics, Google Apps/Drive, Canva, Bufferapp, Salesforce, Mailchimp, Adobe (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop), WordPress, etc.
- Creative writing capabilities for a variety of platforms with examples to support
- Strong interests in biotechnology, personalized medicine, and diagnostics
- Capacity to communicate with people on all technical levels including scientists, clinicians, physicians, and investors
- Eye for design and ability to implement brand image in an impactful way
- Strong attention to detail, excellent time management skills, and results driven
- Self-motivated, resilient, friendly and collaborative
- Comfortable in fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Business-minded and strategic
- Equity options
- 401k program with employer contribution
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, and HSA available
- Life insurance
- Parental Leave
- Happy hours and team-wide social events
Cofactor Genomics is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Cofactor strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against applicants because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.