WaystoCap is building a marketplace for businesses to buy and sell goods all over Africa.
We help buyers and suppliers find trusted partners all over the continent; and help them through the entire trading process: from discovery, to payments, terms, and delivery! We are on a mission to unlock trade in Africa, by creating transparency and trust in international trade.
Our headquarters are in: Morocco and Spain; with offices in the UK, Benin, and Burkina Faso too!
A little more about what we do:
We do more than just a listing or marketplace site, and help our buyers and sellers go through the entire trade process more easily, efficiently, and improved with technology.
Here is a short video about us: The African Opportunity
We are backed by Y Combinator and Battery Ventures; and were recently recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer.
As Lead Software Engineer you will:
- Coordinate and communicate across our team that span several areas of the business, including mobile, web, internal tools, and fulfillment
- Tackle large projects like delivering a trading tool that will eventually be exposed to external users
- Enhance the existing backend systems to improve overall aspects related to high-traffic mobile and web applications
- Identify current and future performance bottlenecks and bugs through simulated load-testing and chaos engineering concepts
- Accurately estimate and be responsible for timely delivery of reliable and high quality code using testable patterns
- Provide mentorship and support to the rest of the team through code reviews and other team processes
- Be involved in the recruiting process of hiring exceptional talent
- More than 5 years professional experience
- Experience managing a team of 5 or more developers, remote or on-site
- Experience in programming with one of the following language: Golang, Node, Java, Scala
- Experience in database and storage technologies (RDBMS, NoSQL,...)
- Experience in frontend technologies (PWA, ReactJS/angular/VueJs)
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline
- You are a very strong communicator, emotionally intelligent, and able to collaborate effectively with many different types of people
- Experience as a developer, willing to get your hands dirty, lead sprints, and help managing a remote/highbred team
- You are excited about helping African businesses transform themselves, and are willing to travel to Morocco occasionally
What we offer:
- True product ownership and decision making in the development process
- Work with a talented team and learn from international advisors and investors like Y Combinator, Battery Ventures, and many others
- Work in sunny Spain, with a great lifestyle and excellent quality of living
- Be involved in a fundamental company supporting development of business in Africa
- Very competitive salary and stock options in a Silicon Valley startup
- Regular afterwork drinks, company team buildings, celebrations
- Generous PTO
- Support for relocation (if needed)
- Company provided laptop and screen (you choose your set up!)
- Have a voice in what tools you want us to use
Please note this not a remote role.