Disney Plus should run error-free most of the time. If you find that the app is not working properly, though — perhaps the video continuously buffers or stutters — you should check your internet connection to see if it's the cause.
But if other video streaming services work just fine, you might need to reset or clear the app's cache of temporary files.
If you're watching Disney Plus in a web browser, you can clear the browser's cache. On other devices, the process to clear the cache may be a little different.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to clear the cache on Disney Plus using Chrome
1. Click the three-dot menu at the top right of the screen.
2. In the menu, click "More tools" and then choose "Clear browsing data…"
3. In the "Time range" drop-down menu, click "All time." Then check the option for "Cached images and files."
4. Click "Clear data."
How to clear the cache on Disney Plus using Firefox
1. Click the "History and Saved Bookmarks" menu button in the toolbar. It looks like a set of books on a shelf.
2. Click "History" and then "Clear Recent History…"
3. In the "Clear Recent History" window, click the dropdown menu for "Time range to clear" and then choose "Everything." Make sure "Cache" is checked, and then hit "OK."
How to clear the cache on Disney Plus using Safari
1. In the menu bar at the top of your screen, click "Safari."
2. Click "Preferences."
3. In the "Preferences" window, click the "Privacy tab" and then "Manage Website Data…"
4. Select "Remove All."
How to clear the cache on Disney Plus using an Android phone or Android TV
The exact steps to get to the Disney Plus cache settings may vary slightly depending on which Android device you are using, but this should get you there:
1. Start the "Settings" app on your device.
2. Tap "Apps" and scroll down until you see Disney Plus in the list of apps installed on your phone or TV. Tap it.
3. Select "Storage" and then "Clear cache" at the bottom of the screen.
How to clear the cache on Disney Plus on Chromecast built-in TVs
If your TV has Chromecast capability built into it, then follow these steps to clear the cache. If you are using a Chromecast device that's plugged into your TV, follow the steps for clearing the cache on your Android or iPhone mobile device.
1. From the home screen on your Chromecast built-in TV, open "Settings."
2. Select "Apps," and then select "Chromecast built-in."
3. Select "Clear data" and hit "OK."
4. Click "Clear cache" and then select "OK."
5. Then, restart your TV.
How to clear the cache on Disney Plus using an iPhone, iPad, or Apple TV
If you are watching Disney Plus on an iOS device like an iPhone or Apple TV, you can't clear the cache for a specific app like Disney Plus. Instead, you might be able to resolve a problem with the cache by deleting the Disney Plus app and then reinstalling it.
If you have an iPhone or iPad, delete the app by following the steps in How to uninstall apps on your iPhone. If you have an Apple TV, check out the steps in How to delete apps on an Apple TV, or hide them.
After removing Disney Plus, reinstall it from the App Store and sign back into your account.
How to clear the cache on Disney Plus on a PlayStation 4
1. Select "Settings" in the Dashboard.
2. Choose "Storage," then "System Storage," and then select "Saved Data."
3. Choose "Disney Plus" and then press the "Options" button.
4. Select "Delete."
How to clear the cache on Disney Plus on an Xbox One
1. Select "My Games and Apps" on the "Home" menu.
2. Select "Apps."
3. Select the "Disney Plus" tile, then press the "Menu" button on your controller to see "More Options."
4. Select "Manage App" and then clear the saved data.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
Insider Inc. receives a commission when you buy through our links.