WaystoCap is building a marketplace for businesses to buy and sell goods all over Africa.
We help buyers and suppliers find trusted partners all over the continent; and help them through the entire trading process: from discovery, to payments, terms, and delivery! We are on a mission to unlock trade in Africa, by creating transparency and trust in international trade.
Our headquarters are in: Morocco and Spain; with offices in the UK, Benin, and Burkina Faso too!
A little more about what we do:
Our mission is to help businesses in Africa work with trusted partners globally and grow their company. We are building a trust platform, as its the missing component in any trade! We do more than just a listing or marketplace site, and help our buyers and sellers go through the entire trade process more easily, efficiently, and improved with technology.
Here is a short video about us: The African Opportunity
We are backed by Y Combinator and Battery Ventures; and were recently recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer.
As our VP of Product you will:
- Become an expert on our problem space and get to know the challenges of our partners and end users like the back of your hand
- Guiding the definition of our product offering, strategy, and goals, representing these to the rest of the organization, and coordinating internally to see them through to execution
- Partnering with our CEO and head of Platform on product conception and delivery, and establish a symbiotic relationship between BD and product teams
- Working closely with suppliers and buyers to scope and deploy our platform, including representing our product externally
- Contribute to and support leading development team efforts, preferably with some experience running a development process
- More than 4 years professional experience
- Experience leading products from inception to maturity
- You have worked closely with engineering and design to collaboratively prioritize, design, build, and improve great products
- You are a strong communicator, emotionally intelligent, and able to collaborate effectively with many different types of people
- Experience as a developer or a very good understanding of technology and recent trends is a big plus
- You are excited about helping African businesses transform themselves, and are willing to travel to Morocco and West Africa occasionally
What we offer:
- True product ownership and decision making in the development process
- Work with a talented team and learn from international advisors and investors like Y Combinator, Battery Ventures, and many others
- Work in sunny Spain, with a great lifestyle and excellent quality of living
- Be involved in a fundamental company supporting development of business in Africa
- Very competitive salary and stock options in a Silicon Valley startup
- Regular afterwork drinks, company team buildings, celebrations
- Generous PTO
- Support for relocation (if needed)
- Company provided laptop and screen (you choose your set up!)
- Have a voice in what tools you want us to use