Yahoo Mail takes an interesting approach to contacts. The email service actually adds contacts to your address book automatically for each person you email.
So when you open a new email message and start typing the name of a recipient, Yahoo Mail is able to suggest email addresses from the messages you've sent and received.
But if you want to manually add contacts to Yahoo Mail, you can do that as well. Here's how.
How to add new contacts to Yahoo Mail on a computer
1. Open Yahoo Mail in a web browser and then click the Contacts icon near the top of the page, to the right of the inbox.
2. Click "Add a new contact" at the bottom of the pane.
3. Fill in the details and then click "Save." You don't need to add all the information aside from the contact's name. All the other fields are optional.
How to add contacts to Yahoo Mail from email messages on a computer
If you have an email message from the person you want to add, you can do it with just a click.
1. Open an email message from the person you want to add.
2. Move the mouse over their name at the top of the message. You should see a pop-up window with details about the person or company.
3. Click "Add to contacts."
4. Add any additional information you have for your contact, and then click "Save."
Contacts in the Yahoo mail mobile app
The Yahoo Mail app doesn't have a tool for adding new contacts from scratch. If you want to add contacts manually, you need to use Yahoo Mail on a desktop.
But if you want to see your contacts, open the app and tap "More" at the bottom right of the screen and then tap "Contacts." The contact list is pre-populated with all the people with whom you've exchanged messages in your inbox.