Caper Website | Full Stack Engineer


Full Stack Engineer

About Us: 

Caper builds intelligent shopping carts - powered by deep learning and computer vision - to detect and identify items (with cameras mounted in the cart) as they are added to the basket. Caper costs less than 1% of Amazon Go's infrastructure, and it is a plug-and-play integration for stores. Caper is the fastest growing retail automation technology company, with already launched pilots and a rapidly expanding customer base. E-commerce is only 8% of total retail, and Caper is innovating the other 92% of the untapped potential. 

Caper is currently backed by First Round Capital, Y Combinator, and top executives from Instacart, Plated, Albertsons and Walmart.  

We’re a team of incredibly motivated individuals looking to put a dent in the retail industry. We are looking for a founding employee who will add to our talented technical team. You’ll be directly working under the CTO and the opportunity offers plenty of room for rapid internal growth.

Personality Preferences:  - Open-minded and eager to learn  - Highly organized  - Extreme ownership of projects & assignments 

- Hard working 

Technical Requirements:  - Strong experience with micro-service architecture  - Strong system and code architecture design capability  - Good understanding of design patterns, data structures, algorithms, software optimization  - Ruby, Java or Python experience is strongly preferred. Other similar frameworks and languages are also acceptable  - Well-versed in basic server engineering including scaling, caching, distributed system and etc.  - Either Android experience or web development experience is preferred 

- Recommendation system experience is preferred

Key responsibilities:  - Involve in system and architecture design with project lead and CTO  - Build backend services as well as frontend features based on feature needs  - Communicate with business team/clients to add new features 

- Stay challenged, happy and fulfilled!

Salary: $80 - $140k

Equity: 0.0% - 0.2%

Location: NYC -- Greenpoint, Brooklyn