Software projects are displayed by Gource as an animated tree with the root directory of the project at its centre. Directories appear as branches with files as leaves. Developers can be seen working on the tree at the times they contributed to the project.
view the log of the repository (Git, SVN, Mercurial and Bazaar) in the current path:
For more options and examples see the Controls wiki page, consult the included README file or man page documentation.
You may also want to check out Logstalgia, a web server access log visualization tool.
If you like Gource and would like to show your appreciation and encourage future work on this and other open source projects by the author, please consider making a donation!
If you use Gource at work and are interested in getting new features developed or maybe would like to discuss other bespoke visualization work please don't hesitate to contact me.
14 June 2018
Gource 0.49 has been released.
Changes since 0.48:
- Fixed compatibility with GLM 0.9.9.0.
13 February 2018
Gource 0.48 has been released.
Changes since 0.47:
- Can now generate logs from git sub module directories.
Fixed building with GLM 0.9.9.
UPDATE: this release was partly made to allow building with GLM 0.9.9 (which is in alpha). Unfortunately, on further testing it was discovered that it is unstable with this version due to a change to the library removing default constructors of vectors, resulting in uninitialized values being used. The current release of GLM 0.9.8 should be fine.Downloads:
8 September 2017
Gource 0.47 has been released.
There are a few new command line options around filtering and displaying files, some new display settings and some fixes.
The Windows build is now 64-bit. Also we've enabled STDOUT with the --output-stream option on Windows so you can pipe Gource directly into ffmpeg like on Linux.
Changes since 0.44:
- Added --screen option.
- Added --window-position XxY option.
- Added --frameless option.
- Added --file-show-filter REGEX option (swoogles).
- Added --filename-time and filename-colour options (gh2k).
- Improved handling of very low seconds-per-day values (malengrin).
- Fixed crash when SVN log lacks author information (obarthel).
- Fixed low mouse movement speed with some mice while repositioning camera.
- Additional git log command validation (cym13).
- Allow lower case hex colours in custom logs (HSorensen).
- Enabled STDOUT support with --output-stream '-' on Windows (circulosmeos).
- Now requires SDL 2 to build (deprecated SDL 1.2 support removed).
30 July 2016
Gource 0.44 is a minor release to fix a build error with newer versions of GCC.
Changes since 0.43:
- Fixed crash when taking a screenshot with an odd resolution.
- Fixed type deduction compilation error with newer versions of GCC.
- Documentation improvements.
16 October 2014
Gource 0.43 has been released to fix a minor build issue with Boost on multi-arch Linux systems.
There are no other changes so if you're not affected by this you can stick with 0.42.
Changes since 0.42:
- Updated boost autoconf macros to fix multi-arch detection.
23 September 2014
9 May 2014Gource 0.42 fixes some bugs introduced in 0.41 affecting Mercurial, Bazaar support and date range filtering.
Changes since 0.41:
- Fixed bzr log command when no start date was specified (chrisf).
- Fixed hg log commit order when date range specified.
- Fixed hg log command line on Windows.
- Fixed parser bug in date range filtering code.
14 April 2014
Gource 0.41 has been released.
You can now specify a date range directly with --start-date and --stop-date (using 'YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm:ss' ISO format).
Gource now uses SDL 2.0 when available, providing much better multi-monitor support.
Changes since 0.40:
- Multi-monitor support using SDL 2.0 when available.
- SDL 1.2 support is deprecated.
- Full screen mode now uses desktop resolution by default.
- Added --start-date, --stop-date 'YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm:ss' options.
- Added --dir-name-depth option.
- Changed --file-idle-time default value to 0.
- Changed screenshot format to PNG.
Downloads are now hosted on Github as Google Code no longer accepts adding new downloads:
If you package Gource for a distro, please update the dependencies to use SDL 2 instead of SDL 1.2.