UVX Service Starts Monday, Aug. 13
Service on our new Utah Valley Express bus rapid transit route (BRT) starts Monday, Aug. 13. This new route is designed to provide frequent service to Orem and Provo destinations, including Utah Valley University, Brigham Young University, Orem and Provo FrontRunner stations, shopping, entertainment and employment centers and more.
See the UVX schedule here. Please allow extra travel time to make connections during construction.
No Fare Required
UVX fare has been covered by a Federal Highway Administration Congestion Mitigation and Air Quality Improvement grant through 2021, so you can enjoy Utah County’s first BRT line free of charge.
UVX bus service is opening nine months ahead of schedule to accommodate BYU and UVU students as they start the fall semester. Please note that construction will continue through the end of the year. During construction, UVX buses will use designated stops on the right side of the street or at/near permanent UVX stations. If you have a question, you can ask a UTA volunteer – employees will be stationed along the route for the first few days of service - or contact us on Twitter at @RideUTA. Features like real-time electronic station signs, dedicated bus lanes and traffic signal priority will be added as construction continues.
See temporary stop locations here.
Other Rider Tips
- Buses will run every six minutes during morning and evening commutes, six-10 minutes during the day and every 15-60 minutes in the early morning and late evening.
- You can use our Trip Planner to plan your UVX trip. Please allow extra time when making connections to FrontRunner, as buses may run late during construction.
- For more information about UVX service, please see our UVX page.
Timpanogos Transit Center Information
- The Timpanogos Transit Center (1145 S. 750 East) will no longer have bus service as of August 1. The UVX stop for the transit center area will be at University Place Station, located on University Parkway.
- UTA's Utah County customer service office is located at the Timpanogos Transit Center.
- Lost and Found will remain at the Timpanogos Transit Center.
- Passes, tokens, reduced fare cards, FAREPAY cards, etc. will still be sold at the Timpanogos Transit Center.