GetThru is looking for a developer to join our technology team. We’re using Elixir, Phoenix, LiveView, React, and PostgreSQL to create real-time, large scale applications. Our developers spend their time working on new features, maintaining the existing applications, and performing code reviews. The right person will be comfortable collaborating with teammates at distance.
This is a remote, full-time position with equity and benefits in a profitable and growing progressive SaaS company.
- Write clean, readable, maintainable code with a focus on stability and usability to ensure our platform remains fast, bug-free, and intuitive.
- Work in close collaboration with other team members — development, design, and support teams — to propose, scope, and implement new features and application improvements.
- Collaborate with team members to refine application architecture, propose solutions, and perform code reviews.
- Deploy releases and actively monitor production resources
Technologies We Use
Elixir, Phoenix, LiveView, React, Redux, TypeScript, Ecto, Aurora PostgreSQL, Redis, AWS, GitHub, CircleCI, Dokku, Docker, Terraform, Ansible, Webpack & Babel, HTML5, CSS3, & SASS
- Previous experience with Elixir in a production setting
- Significant experience with web API design
- Experience working with real-time APIs via WebSockets
- Leaves code better than they found it
- Excels at collaborating with a fully remote team
- Asks for help and is committed to continual improvement
While experience matters, we care just as much about work ethic, creativity, determination, and shared commitment to progressive ideals, customer service, and a high standards workplace.
About Our Team
Our development team iterates fast while keeping an eye to stability and maintainability. We are a small team so we expect our developers to wear many hats. Our developers know how to balance improvement projects with delivering features, how to pay off tech debt while blazing forward, and how to use modern technology while keeping stability in mind. We are a female-led operation, and we share a commitment to promoting diversity in the tech field.
GetThru operates a peer-to-peer text messaging platform (ThruText) and telephone dialing tool (ThruTalk) that political campaigns and other organizations use for large scale 1-to-1 communication. GetThru has worked with more than 1,000 clients who have sent over 250 million text messages and made more than 60 million calls through our tools. GetThru was launched in 2016 by veterans of the Bernie Sanders distributed organizing team to improve on the tools we used running voter contact programs, and we’re most excited about helping progressive politicians and organizations. We also believe in building a sustainable business, so we are actively expanding into other markets that could benefit from this technology, including working with more than 200 educational institutions. We have been profitable from day one without VC funding.
This is a remote position. You will work from anywhere in U.S. time zones as long as you have good internet and the work gets done! Our team members travel a few times a year to meet with the team in person.
- $100k – $140k yearly salary, commensurate with skills and experience
- 100% company-paid health, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k with match
- Wellness and ergonomic health stipends
- Participation in employee stock option pool
- Employee profit sharing bonus pool
- 3 weeks of vacation time per year, scales with tenure; company holidays, float holiday & birthday PTO
GetThru provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. As our company grows, we strive to make space for all kinds of people to do amazing work with us. We especially encourage women, people of color, LGBTQ+ people, people with disabilities, immigrants, and other communities underrepresented in technology startups to apply. We value diversity because we think a team with a wide range of experiences will be more creative, more adaptable, and more effective. Further, our clients are leading advocates for equity and justice, and we want our team to reflect the communities we are working to support.
How to Apply
Please submit the application form with a cover letter that explains why you want to work for GetThru. Tell us what experiences make you a good fit and why you are excited about this job in particular.
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying