Title: Senior Software Engineer - Frontend / Full Stack (Multiple Openings)
Location: San Francisco, CA
What You’ll Be Doing
At Fictiv, we help product innovators to create. Fictiv brings a modern, friendly experience to manufacturing that makes it easy to turn designs into real products. You will use the latest technologies (React, Redux, Apollo GraphQL) to iterate quickly and ensure a rapid feedback loop between us and our customers.
Senior engineers are the heart of our engineering team at Fictiv. As a Senior Engineer, you will be the hands-on technical anchor for your team. You will guide decisions from inside a project and lead us to build thoughtful, intuitive web applications with modular, well-structured components. You are a champion for the quality of our product, a key contributor to our architecture, and the go-to expert for upleveling the skills of our engineers.
- Bring out the best in the team – You use influence and knowledge to lift the team to high standards of excellence not only in application design and code quality but also in collaboration and development practices.
- Technical expertise – You have extensive experience building performant, scalable web applications. You think deeply about how data is fetched, cached, and updated to provide a seamless user experience.
- Deliver quality – You have a high attention to detail and hold both yourself and your colleagues accountable for shipping polished, well-tested code.
- Team-oriented – You have a strong desire to help the entire team level up and improve our collective craft. You understand, as a leader, the outsized impact of your actions and behaviors.
What It’s Like to Work at Fictiv
We’re a small, close-knit team with a core group in San Francisco and a few remote engineers around the country. While all engineers need protected time to get things done, we also believe collaboration and creative tension create the best product. That’s why we encourage a rhythm of heads down, independent work followed by focused constructive debate.
Product development teams follow the principles from the Scrum Guide. We’re practical about process (we use what works), but we’ve found Scrum ceremonies to be a positive framework for transparency and collaboration. To save time, we keep Sprint Plannings to 1 hour and Sprint Reviews to 45 minutes for our two-week sprints.
Since we are a small team, all engineers (including managers) are on-call for two weeks out of every 8-10 weeks. This builds team cohesion and deepens our understanding of our production system. We are all here to support one another, so if you have personal events during this time we’re happy to swap slots or cover for you.
We’re constantly evolving our practices, so please feel free to ask questions and share your thoughts as well!
What’s In It For You
We strive to contribute to the well-being of our team beyond Health (of which we pay 85% per employee and 60% for dependents which an increase in contribution in January), Dental and Vision insurance. We offer our team members the following:
- Dog friendly office
- Lunch everyday plus breakfast essentials like bagel and stocked snacks
- Transit subsidy up to $75/month and up to $50/month for expenses related to health and wellness
- Education Stipend up to $1400/year for conferences, classes (online or in-person), workshops, and professional certifications related to your role
- Literature Stipend up to $100/quarter on literature related to your role
- Community days where you contribute to your community and enrich both yourself and organizations of your choice. Each year, you can use up to two days as community days.
- Happy hours and demo days to showcase what you’re working on and AMA’s from the Executive team!
About Fictiv (www.fictiv.com)
At Fictiv, we’re inspired every day by our customers and teammates.
We support a community that includes some of the most talented people on the planet. You’ll design for hardware engineers who are literally building the future today (think autonomous vehicles, spaceships, next-gen medical devices) and partner with some of the most skilled manufacturers who produce the seemingly impossible.
For decades, these innovators have had to endure long feedback cycles and high upfront costs to bring their products to market. Our system drastically reduces the time and cost while allowing hardware engineers to experiment faster and with better outcomes. Come play a critical role in shaping this system into becoming the go-to platform for hardware development.
We’re actively seeking potential teammates who can bring diverse perspectives and experience to our culture and company. We believe inclusion is the best way to create a strong, empathetic team. Our belief is that the best team is born from an environment that emphasizes respect, honesty, collaboration, and growth.
We encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups, including but not limited to women, members of the LGBTQ community, people of color, people with disabilities, and veterans.