Title: Senior Software Engineer - Frontend / Full Stack (Multiple Openings)
Location: San Francisco, CA
What You’ll Be Doing
At Fictiv, we help product innovators to create. Fictiv brings a modern, friendly experience to manufacturing that makes it easy to turn designs into real products. You will use the latest technologies (React, Redux, Apollo GraphQL) to iterate quickly and ensure a rapid feedback loop between us and our customers.
- Customer focused – You have deep empathy for humans and embrace the joy that comes from making things. You connect that passion to technology to bring fast, delightful user experiences to life.
- Technical curiosity – You are hungry to learn and improve as a professional engineer. You have a beginner’s mindset and proactively seek out opportunities to better yourself and your code.
- Growth-oriented – You believe growth and learning come from trying new things. When you make mistakes (we all do!) you own it and pitch in to make things better.
- Team-oriented – You thrive in a collaborative environment and are energized by sharing ideas openly and adding to the ideas of others.
What It’s Like to Work at Fictiv
We’re a small, close-knit team with a core group in San Francisco and a few remote engineers around the country. While all engineers need protected time to get things done, we also believe collaboration and creative tension create the best product. That’s why we encourage a rhythm of heads down, independent work followed by focused constructive debate.
Product development teams follow the principles from the Scrum Guide. We’re practical about process (we use what works), but we’ve found Scrum ceremonies to be a positive framework for transparency and collaboration. To save time, we keep Sprint Plannings to 1 hour and Sprint Reviews to 45 minutes for our two-week sprints.
Since we are a small team, all engineers (including managers) are on-call for two weeks out of every 8-10 weeks. This builds team cohesion and deepens our understanding of our production system. We are all here to support one another, so if you have personal events during this time we’re happy to swap slots or cover for you.
We’re constantly evolving our practices, so please feel free to ask questions and share your thoughts as well!
What’s In It For You
We strive to contribute to the well-being of our team beyond Health (of which we pay 85% per employee and 60% for dependents which an increase in contribution in January), Dental and Vision insurance. We offer our team members the following:
- Dog friendly office
- Lunch everyday plus breakfast essentials like bagel and stocked snacks
- Transit subsidy up to $75/month and up to $50/month for expenses related to health and wellness
- Education Stipend up to $1400/year for conferences, classes (online or in-person), workshops, and professional certifications related to your role
- Literature Stipend up to $100/quarter on literature related to your role
- Community days where you contribute to your community and enrich both yourself and organizations of your choice. Each year, you can use up to two days as community days.
- Happy hours and demo days to showcase what you’re working on and AMA’s from the Executive team!
About Fictiv (www.fictiv.com)
At Fictiv, we’re inspired every day by our customers and teammates.
We support a community that includes some of the most talented people on the planet. You’ll design for hardware engineers who are literally building the future today (think autonomous vehicles, spaceships, next-gen medical devices) and partner with some of the most skilled manufacturers who produce the seemingly impossible.
For decades, these innovators have had to endure long feedback cycles and high upfront costs to bring their products to market. Our system drastically reduces the time and cost while allowing hardware engineers to experiment faster and with better outcomes. Come play a critical role in shaping this system into becoming the go-to platform for hardware development.
We’re actively seeking potential teammates who can bring diverse perspectives and experience to our culture and company. We believe inclusion is the best way to create a strong, empathetic team. Our belief is that the best team is born from an environment that emphasizes respect, honesty, collaboration, and growth.
We encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups, including but not limited to women, members of the LGBTQ community, people of color, people with disabilities, and veterans.