- Donald Trump wanted the Ukrainian president to utter those three magic words: “investigations”, “Biden” and “Clinton” according to testimony from George Kent, the State Department official responsible for Ukraine affairs.
- An aide to Mike Pence testified in the impeachment inquiry. Jennifer Williams, who attended a closed-door deposition as planned, was among the officials listening to the July 25 call between Trump and Volodymyr Zelensky.
- Former New York governor and billionaire businessman Michael Bloomberg is reportedly preparing to join the 2020 Democratic presidential primaries. Progressive frontrunners Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders responded to the news with some light trolling.
- Former attorney general Jeff Sessions has entered the US senate race, vying to retake his former seat as Alabama senator.
- Trump was fined $2m for misusing charity funds to boost his presidential campaign.
'Anonymous' writes a scathing critique of the Trump administration
Jeff Sessions announces Senate bid
Trump wanted to hear three magic words: “investigations”, “Biden” and “Clinton”.
More from the Kent testimony: Rudy Giuliani 'had been carrying on a campaign for several months full of lies and incorrect information'
New York's former billionaire mayor Michael Bloomberg may enter the 2020 Democratic presidential race