Atrium LTS – Engineering
Atrium is the most data-driven platform providing legal services and applications to fast-growing companies. Atrium has helped hundreds of companies with everything from drafting and reviewing commercial contracts to raising over $500M in new capital. We're based in San Francisco and funded by top Silicon Valley investors including General Catalyst, SV Angel, Greylock, Y Combinator, and more. Atrium aims to disrupt Big Law and the $160 billion corporate legal services market.
Values of the Engineering A-Team:
- Product-minded - We work closely with our users (lawyers & clients) to understand their needs, so we can develop tools to make their jobs and lives easier.
- Ownership & Delivery - We work in small cross-functional teams, making a large impact on the products we create from idea to launch.
- Iterate quickly - We have a bias to build MVPs and collect direct feedback from the users of our software for faster iteration.
As a Senior Software Engineer at Atrium, you will have the rare opportunity to understand the problems that our lawyers and their clients face and create tools that they will use daily. To do this, you will be the technical lead on a cross-functional team working alongside strong engineers, as well as our lawyers, product managers, and designers.
Your work will be highly impactful by helping to automate thousands of hours of legal work and making legal processes significantly more efficient. We believe big, work fast, and iterate rapidly. We are using modern techniques such as machine learning to classify, extract text from, and intelligently summarize documents and emails, which creates exciting user experience challenges presented through an intuitive UI. We are a fast-growing company with leadership opportunities available to you as the team continues to expand.
What would you get to do?
- Introduce innovation - The products we’re building have no parallel, so you’ll spend time thinking big, but iterating quickly and shipping code continuously
- Lead our front end tech stack, developing processes for building, testing, and pushing code
- Collaborate with our cross-functional team to build elegant, easy-to-use, and powerful products and tools
- Be a technical mentor for other engineering team members
What does success look like in this role?
- Expertise with HTML5 and CSS3/Sass
- Practical knowledge of front end build systems like Webpack or Gulp
- Experience with front-end performance, monitoring, and testing
- Passion for product design and UX is a plus
- Excellent English communication skills to collaborate with a service-oriented team
- Strong ability to effectively identify and solve meaningful problems
- Technical leadership, ability to lead a project end-to-end, and mentor junior and mid-level engineers
- Other key attributes: a deep understanding of customer needs, resourcefulness, results-driven, and commitment to quality
What will you get from Atrium?
- The rare opportunity to be an early engineer at one of the hottest SF startups to watch in 2018. We're not just another legal tech company disrupting a traditional industry, as both a tech start up and a law firm, we're transforming how legal services are provided!
- Competitive compensation and sweet perks like catered lunch daily, Bevi machine, endless coffee, and snacks
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, 401k plan, etc.
- San Francisco office across from 4th & King CalTrain with a large private patio and views of downtown
- Excellent mentorship from serial founders and industry veterans, including Justin Kan
Atrium is committed to building a diverse and inclusive company that celebrates and develops individuals of all backgrounds. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage all applicants.