Interested in working for a team of people completely redefining how fitness and health care work together? At Peerfit, we’re flipping wellness reimbursements on their head by connecting insurers’ and employers’ wellness dollars to popular fitness studios offering CrossFit, yoga, barre, boot camp, cycling, and more. If working with a team of innovative and driven people who are modernizing how people engage with wellness excites you, look no further than Peerfit.
As a backend software engineer you'll support the business as it undergoes extensive scaling this year. This will include:
- Integrating with 3rd party APIs to support our Fitness Network expansion
- Expanding and improving our microservices architecture
- Developing cloud-native applications and services with modern languages, frameworks, databases, and other cloud-based solutions
- Applying Domain Driven Design to the modeling of the application and adapt it to current business strategy and processes
- A minimum of 1 year of Elixir in a production environment
- A minimum of 3 years of professional experience with modern web application stacks, preferably Django, Flask, or similar
- Well versed in test driven development and confident in applying the right amount and types of coverage to support a healthy balance between robustness and speed
- Capable of managing a restful API that supports both internal and external clients and can provide backwards compatibility where necessary
- Comfortable driving consensus in contract negotiation with API consumers and experienced with delivering an annotation strategy to support documentation/discoverability
- Experienced in writing approachable, well-encapsulated code whose intentions are clear to other contributors and well-suited for extension and change
- Confident navigating situations where minimum viable solutions must be produced to meet fast-paced timelines where the business value is high; capable of setting the right expectations in such cases and proposing longer term strategy on appropriately maturing or deprecating such assets.
NICE TO HAVES:
- Strong command of open source tooling including bash, vim, tmux
- Contribution to open source projects
- Experience with Relational Databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and/or Cloud infrastructure technologies
- Knowledge of authentication and authorization solutions (e.g. oAuth, JWT, SAML)
- Knowledge of Domain Driven Design patterns, SOLID principles, and the 12-factor app methodology
Bachelor’s degree in an information/comp-sci program or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
WHO WE NEED: (Intangibles)
- Passionate about health and fitness
- Growth-focused, both personally and professionally
- Stays motivated and knows how to be persistent
- Is self-directed, but knows when to ask for help
- Can work remotely and make decisions autonomously at a high level
- Flexibility to handle changing responsibilities
WHAT YOU GET:
- The opportunity to help expand the impact of Peerfit across the United States…and, someday, the world!
- The chance to work in a relaxed, yet goal-driven start-up culture with a passion for fitness
- Peerfit credits to attend fitness classes.
- Chance to work remotely with flexible scheduling
- Health Insurance & other benefits
Peerfit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.