We’re looking for a Senior Service Reliability Engineer to help build and run Aptible, ensuring that our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
This is a unique opportunity to be a high-impact, early member of the Aptible Team. Reporting directly to our Co-Founder and Chief Technology Officer, you'll be responsible for the stable operation of our internal systems.
It’s true: Software is eating the world, powered by the Internet. A growing wave of developers all over the world are using web-scale technology to build and deploy healthcare, fintech, banking, payments, IoT, blockchain, machine learning, and other B2B applications.
Security and compliance are mandatory from day one for these teams of developers, but many of them struggle. When their teams are small, they can’t afford to hire full-time for security or compliance. When they scale, they find that existing security and compliance management tools suck.
At Aptible, we make people-centered security products that help developer teams build security into their architecture and their organization’s culture. Today, we have two products: Enclave and Gridiron.
Enclave is a container orchestration platform built for developers that automates security best practices and controls needed for deploying and scaling Dockerized apps in regulated industries. Gridiron is like the missing QuickBooks + TurboTax for security management. It helps developers design and run security management programs that meet and exceed requirements like HIPAA, SOC 2, and ISO 27001. Customers use it to build trust with their own customers and partners, and prepare for certifications.
The Senior Service Reliability Engineer will focus mostly on Enclave, but will have visibility into both products and contribute broadly to the Aptible Team.
What You’ll Do
- You’ll maintain our services by measuring and monitoring availability, latency, and overall system health. You’ll work towards preventing, troubleshooting, and mitigating service availability and performance issues.
- You’ll take ownership of low- and high- urgency incident response during business hours, and participate in on-call rotation for high-urgency incident response outside of business hours. You’ll also assist our Support Engineering Team with escalated or infrastructure-intensive requests.
- You’ll engage in the maintenance and refinement of Enclave, debugging and optimizing the codebase. You’ll collaborate with our Product and Engineering Teams to incorporate learnings from the front lines into the development of our products.
About You: Strengths
- You've enjoyed DevOps and SysAdmin work in the past, but want to write more automation code with modern tools like Chef and Docker on AWS. You’re excited to transition to shorter-term, high-impact automation projects.
- You’re comfortable navigating unfamiliar software, embracing new challenges and identifying solutions to complex problems we haven’t encountered before.
About You: Other Attributes
- Ownership Mentality: You take ownership, responsibility, and initiative. You have a track record of consistently delivering impactful, high-quality work on time.
- People-Oriented: You’re excited to work with a small group of high-performers. You foster collaboration, build trust, and support information sharing with colleagues.
- Love for Learning: You’re looking for an environment that challenges you to gain new knowledge and grow professionally every day. You’re adaptable in the face of change.
- Appetite for Remote Work: You’re ready to work with a fully distributed team, communicating asynchronously, deliberately, and openly across time zones and cultures.
- Passion for Internet Security: You want to create a more secure Internet, and are excited to help innovative companies solve their hardest engineering and regulatory problems.
- Making the Internet safe to trust with sensitive data is a good thing! It’s also pretty fun. You’ll learn a lot about Security, Compliance, DevOps, and SaaS.
- You’ll feel invested in your work and make an impact. We’re highly transparent internally with business strategy, important decisions, and our failures and successes.
- You’ll help build a business for the long-term and invest in a sustainable business model. We’re backed by excellent investors and have the resources we need to do a great job.
- Everyone gets to live in the place that suits them best. We work remotely, and meet up at least twice a year in places like Barcelona, Mexico, and New York. Next Up: Paris?
- Commitment: Full-Time
- Location: Anywhere
- Compensation: Competitive Salary, Equity, Health Benefits, Flexible Paid Time Off
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We prioritize diversity within our team and value different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.