If you’re reading this, then Amazon Prime Day 2019 is underway. Prices have fallen for countless products, including tech, and you’ll be able to shop the deals for another day, until 2:59AM ET / 11:59PM PT on Tuesday, July 16th.
First things first: to get in on the deals, you need to be an Amazon Prime subscriber. You can get started with a free 30-day trial to the service, then either let it auto-renew, or cancel it once the trial comes to an end.
Following the cadence set in years past, Amazon will be rolling out new Spotlight Deals and Lightning Deals throughout Prime Day(s). So, while some of the savings will last throughout the two-day period, others will come and go in a matter of hours — or less.
Now that day one of Prime Day 2019 is winding down, a few of the best deals are, unfortunately, no longer up for grabs. This includes a few Apple products, like the Apple Watch Series 3, which sold for $169. The sixth generation iPad with 128GB of storage was $299, beating its previous best price by $30, though it’s now sold out.
However, there are still plenty of deals to sort through, including stellar deals on the Samsung Galaxy S10, and the Sonos Beam, to name a few. Additionally, you’ll find even more of the best deals below on Android phones, 4K televisions, tablets, smart displays, gaming tech, PC components, speakers, headphones, and much more. We’ll be monitoring sales, updating this page with new additions, and striking out inactive ones along the way.
- Caavo Universal Remote and Smart Home Hub with lifetime coverage is $123 (usually $154, clip the 20 percent off coupon on the product page). If your entertainment center is a nightmare to navigate, Caavo can make it easier. You can ask it to find things with your voice, then it will automatically find the right HDMI input that can display it on your TV. This model has lifetime coverage, so no monthly fees, addressing one of the biggest downsides presented in Nilay Patel’s review.
- Microsoft Surface Headphones are $189.99 (usually $349.99). The previous best price for these wireless noise canceling headphones was $249, so this is a big price drop.
- Beats Solo 3 Wireless on-ear headphones are $139.99 (usually $199.99)
- Bose SoundLink over-ear wireless headphones are $159 (usually $229)
- Bose SoundSport wireless headphones are $139 (usually $199.99)
- Jabra Elite 85h over-ear noise-canceling headphones are $249.99 (usually $299.99)
- Jabra Elite 65t truly wireless headphones are $119.99 (usually $169.89). These are our runner-up truly wireless headphone pick, falling short against the AirPods. However, if you have an Android phone, these are the best option, and they’ll also suit iPhone users who can’t find a good fit with AirPods.
- Jabra Move on-ear wireless headphones are $69.99 (usually $99.99)
- Status Audio CB-1 wired over-ear headphones are $44 (usually $69)
- Prime members can save $30 on a year-long membership to Audible, Amazon’s audiobook platform. It’s $119 per year, and Amazon will also toss in an Echo Dot (third-generation) to go with it for an extra $1.
- Google Pixel 3A XL is $479.99, its usual price, but comes with a $100 Amazon gift card with purchase. Google’s Pixel 3A is a great value, since it uses the same great camera from the Pixel 3 for a fraction of the price. If you aren’t waiting on the Google Pixel 4 to release later this year, and aren’t in need of a phone with a serious amount of power, the 3A XL should suit you well.
- LG G8 ThinQ is $499.99 (usually $849.99)
- Moto G7 is $199.99 (usually $299.99)
- Razer Phone 2 is $399.99 (usually $649.99)
- Nokia 7.1 is $249 (usually $349). This phone runs the latest Android 9 Pie software (and is ensured timely software and security updates until late 2020, as part of Google’s Android One initiative). They work only on GSM carriers (AT&T, T-Mobile, Cricket, Metro by T-Mobile), and if you’re on one of those carriers, this is a good value, so long as you aren’t expecting flagship-like speeds and stellar camera performance.
iPad (latest generation, Wi-Fi, 128GB storage) is $299 (usually $329, available in gold only). Apple’s sixth generation iPad is an excellent tablet if you’re looking for an iPad that won’t cost you north of $500. Dieter Bohn called this the “best tablet under $500” in 2018, and while it’s now up against more competition since the new iPad Air and iPad mini released, this is still a fantastic value. This is also the lowest price we’ve seen for the 128GB model by $30.
- iPad Pro 10.5 (previous generation, Wi-Fi & LTE, 64GB storage) is $579 (usually $779)
- iPad Pro 10.5 (previous generation, Wi-Fi & LTE, 256GB storage) is $629 (usually $929)
- iPad Pro 10.5 (previous generation, Wi-Fi & LTE, 512GB storage) is $699 (usually $1,129)
- Samsung Galaxy Tab A (8-inch, 16GB storage) is $119 (usually $178)
- Samsung Galaxy Tab A (10.1-inch, 16GB storage) is $159.99 (usually $279.99)
- Amazon Kindle e-reader is $59.99 (usually $89.99)
- Amazon Kindle Paperwhite with 32GB storage is $109.99 (usually $159.99). If you’re in the market for a new e-reader, make it this one. Chaim Gartenberg spent time with almost every e-reader on the market, but this one stood out as the best in terms of features with its waterproofing, a very clear, crisp 300ppi display, and backlighting. It also features much more internal storage than the traditional 8GB model, which you can fill with Audible audiobooks.
- Amazon Fire 7 tablet is $29.99 (usually $49.99)
- Amazon Fire HD 8 tablet is $49.99 (usually $79.99)
- Amazon Fire HD 10 tablet is $99.99 (usually $149.99)
Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS, 38mm) is $169 (back in stock, beats the previous best price by $30)
Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + LTE, 38mm) is $229 (usually $379). This is the cheapest price for the rarely discounted LTE-enabled Apple Watch. With this model, compared to the GPS-only model, paying a monthly fee to your carrier will allow you to call or text people without carrying your phone around.
Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS, 42mm) is $199 $229 (usually $309, price has raised and available with white strap only)
Apple Watch Series 4 (GPS, 40mm) is
$324$329 (usually $399, only available with white sport band)
Apple Watch Series 4 (GPS, 44mm) is $354 (usually $429)
- Garmin Vivoactive 3 Music is $178.49 (usually $279.99)
- Garmin Fenix 5 is $399.99 (usually $599.99)
Connected home / security
Accessories / Portable Storage
Laptops / Desktops
Intel’s NUC 8 PC is $596 (usually $954.50). This mini PC is powerful, though you’ll need to supply the RAM, SSD, and Windows 10 OS to get it started. It houses an 8th Gen Intel Core i7, Radeon RX Vega M graphics, and according to Dan Seifert’s review , it has a ton of ports.
- Asus ROG Zephyrus S laptop (144Hz, 1080p, 15.6-inch display; 8th Gen Intel Core i7; GTX 1070; 16GB RAM; 512GB SSD) is $1,249.99 (usually $1,390.85)
Acer Predator Helios 300 (144Hz, 1080p display, 9th Gen Intel Core i7, GTX 1660 Ti, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD) is $999.99 (usually $1,199)
Razer Blade 15 laptop (60Hz, 1080p, 15.6-inch display; 8th Gen Intel Core i7; GTX 1060 Max-Q; 16GB RAM; 128GB SSD + 1TB HDD) is $1,099.99 (usually $1,599.99)
- MSI GS75 laptop (144Hz, 1080p, 17.3-inch display; 8th Gen Intel Core i7; RTX 2080 Max-Q; 32GB RAM; 512GB SSD) is $2,399 (usually $2,999)
HP Envy 13 laptop (4K display, 8th Gen Intel Core i7, GeForce MX250 graphics, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD) is $999 (usually $1,349)
- CyberPowerPC desktop (Ryzen 7 2700, RTX 2070, 16GB RAM, 240GB SSD + 2TB HDD) is $1,099.99 (usually $1,379.99)
- iBUYPOWER desktop (9th Gen Intel Core i7, RTX 2070, 16GB RAM, 240GB SSD + 1TB HDD) is $1,199 (usually $1,649). It’s tough, but possible, to build a superb gaming PC for $1,000. If you don’t want to deal with piecing things together yourself, this iBUYPOWER desktop is a good value, with the latest-generation Intel Core i7, and a moderately powerful RTX 2070 graphics card.
- CyberPowerPC desktop (9th Gen Intel Core i9, 16GB RAM, RTX 2070, 1TB SSD) is $1,499.99 (usually $1,849)
- Acer Chromebook R11 is $199.99 (usually $299.99)
- Samsung Chromebook Plus V2 is $379.99 (usually $549.99)
- Asus Chromebook Flip is $399.99 (usually $485.98)
- HP Chromebook 14 is $179.99 (usually $229.99)