Greater Los Angeles Area
Open Listings is building the simplest and most affordable way to buy a home: e-commerce for real estate. We help tech savvy buyers shop for homes with expert online support, then save them a ton of money with a 50% commission refund. We're assisting hundreds of thousands of active buyers each month and have transacted over $500M in homes to date.
Today our software plugs into the existing real estate market via broker-quality data feeds and a network of local real estate agents. We have a web/app feed that helps users house hunt, back-of-house software that helps agents manage transactions, and custom support tools that allow our small team to assist thousands of active buyers through the process. We take a pragmatic, piecemeal approach to crafting software with heavy emphasis on testing, measurement, and iteration.
Our team comes from places like Amazon, Facebook, Google, Huge, Redfin, startups — a small but ambitious group passionate about making this complex, hairy experience simple and thereby dramatically lowering the cost to buy. The founders have engineering and design backgrounds and a focus on building a product-first real estate experience.
When a potential homebuyer finds a property they like, they book a private tour or go to an open house. As the PM for the home visit experience, you’ll own improvements to this critical piece of our product — the point at which a user’s home search enters the real world. You’ll use the product, detail requirements, coordinate launch, analyze metrics, and iterate with design, engineering, and operations to make visiting homes totally seamless. This is an online/offline product, so documenting workflows to understand the dependencies between product changes and operators in the field will be extremely important in keeping Ops and Design/Engineering on the same page. Strong systems-thinking is a requirement for understanding implications within the multi-sided marketplace we run between tour agents, offer agents, and homebuyers.
- Own delivery of product initiatives and releases on Web and Mobile.
- Define, document, and communicate objectives, requirements and constraints for product initiatives and releases.
- Collaborate with engineers and designers to deliver product goals.
- Communicate development status and document progress toward milestones to internal stakeholders.
- Prioritize and sequence product initiatives against company goals.
- Assess and validate product priorities to set strategic direction.
- Identify key success metrics, analyze the results of product changes, and communicate results and next steps to cross functional team members.
- Analyze and review product data and customer interaction trends.
- Own and manage the product backlog, balancing dependencies across multiple platforms.
- Natural leadership instincts with proven ability to innovate on web consumer products
- Demonstrated track record of driving product development through each step in product development: research, initial concept, requirements gathering, development/deployment planning, implementation, launch, testing, analysis, and iteration
- Ability to work effectively with engineering to set realistic goals and stay on track. Familiarity with agile scrum process a plus.
- 3+ years of product management experience
- Strong organization and attention-to-detail
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Understanding of user-experience design principles
- Prior experience at a growth-stage startup or consumer internet company
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Background or experience in Computer Science or related engineering discipline a plus
- Familiarity with real estate or an adjacent industry is a plus
- Competitive salary & benefits
- 100% free health, dental and vision insurance
- Equity in a YC-backed, VC-funded startup
- Chill hillside office in sunny Los Feliz, Los Angeles
- Positive, balanced, flexible vibes
Open Listings is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.