Here at Raven Telemetry, we are focused on improving manufacturing worldwide. The Raven platform helps manufacturers collect, interpret and take action on the data being generated in their plants and on their assembly lines and ultimately drives these companies to better manage their manufacturing operations, improve productivity, eliminate waste and increase profitability. Raven’s platform is revolutionizing manufacturing operations management by leveraging the latest in artificial intelligence, advanced data science, IIOT, lean manufacturing principles as well as cloud and mobile computing.
Raven is currently looking for smart, passionate, and hard-working developers to help us build out our suite of manufacturing analytics and data reporting tools. It takes all types of people to change manufacturing. We welcome and encourage applicants from all stages of their career to apply.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience building successful production software systems
- Strong passion for UX, UI, data and building things
- Experience with or interest in learning our front-end tools (Typescript, React, D3, GraphQL, CSS) and our back-end tools (Python, Elixir, Docker, Kubernetes, Elastic, PostgreSQL and TensorFlow)
- Excellent technical communications with both technical and non-technical peers
- Strong creative, visual-design and problem-solving skills ? comfortable with color theory, typography, layout, user interface design, production techniques as well as developing and implementing new algorithms and transforming hard problems into solvable, maintainable code and APIs
- Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
- Development experience defining, developing and maintaining web service API’s
- Our back-end systems are written using Python, Elixir, Docker, Kubernetes, Elastic, PostgreSQL and TensorFlow – these systems need to be scalable and highly configurable in order to fit our customer’s various needs
- We use Typescript, React, D3, GraphQL and CSS for most of our front-end products which are used to collect and display customer data and insights
- Have an interest in Android? Our Raven Android app is deployed in manufacturing plants all over North America and is used to collect data from machines and their operators
- Raven wants to use the right tool for the job so we give our technical team the discretion to use other tools that can improve the user experience
RAVEN’S CULTURE At Raven, we work on hard problems using exciting technology, and we have a lot of fun doing it. There are weekly team lunches, unlimited snacks, perks for riding or walking to the office, and many other benefits. Raven is a family-focused company located next to the Parkdale Market in Ottawa – a city that has ranked in the top 20 major metropolises of every Mercer Quality of Living survey since 2010. We encourage submissions from those who identify as members of underrepresented communities, a concept we leave open for candidates to self-define, as we strive to create a truly inclusive environment. Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Raven’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work. Individuals seeking employment at Raven are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
Raven is committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free selection process and work environment. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity or testing, you should advise us in a timely fashion of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received in relation to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.