Roadtrippers is looking for creative problem solvers to help us write code that simplifies the complexities of travel planning and discovery at scale. As a Web Developer, you will work with other developers as well as our business, content, and design teams to enhance the user experience of Roadtrippers.
Join us to empower the world's travelers and travel companies!
- A love of travel, especially road travel! RV'ing a plus!
- Two years professional development experience (Jr to Sr positions open based on experience)
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
- Experience with full stack web development and versatile across client, server and database
- Comfortable using Git and Linux command line
- Understanding of native web app architecture and modern frameworks
- Working as both a self guided team member or project team leader is a must
- Familiarity with mapping SDKs and geospatial data is a plus
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a plus
- Konami Code bonus points for experience growing or working on a highly available web service at scale
- Our tech stack includes: Ruby on Rails, React, Mapbox, PostgreSQL, PostGIS, Elasticsearch, Redis, AWS, and Ansible. Experience is beneficial, not required.
Roadtrippers is a rapidly growing team, recently acquired by TH2, a Thor/THL joint venture. On the Roadtrippers platform, travelers can seamlessly discover, plan, and book their next trip all in one place. Using its database of millions of diners, national parks, museums, hotels and more, Roadtrippers is the ultimate road trip companion, generating unprecedented insight into audience and regional travel intent, patterns, and behaviors.
Roadtrippers headquarters is located in the historic Over-the-Rhine district in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Lunches and snacks
Drinks, kegs, and snacks available in the office. Team lunches on Tuesdays.
This is a partnership of people that want to build something great. We trust you to pull your own weight and manage your own time.
Team led task management
Everyone on the team gets to decide what we work on to achieve our goals. We work in small, self-organized teams who determine the best tactics to support the vision and strategy set by leadership.
Path to the top
We operate on merit. If you consistently work hard and improve your own knowledge set, there is no position that isn't open to you.
We pride ourselves on offering a multitude of healthcare options for you and your family, including healthcare (PPO & HDHP), dental, vision and more. We absorb the majority of the costs which means a much higher take-home pay for you.
Highly competitive salary
We are in the same range as everyone else in town, plus all the benefits.
The tools for your job
A computer and all of the software you need to be successful in your role.
Note: We do not work with external recruiters or placing agencies, so please don't contact us.