F8 kicked off today, and we can finally share that both Oculus Quest and Rift S will begin shipping on May 21! Our first all-in-one VR gaming system, Quest delivers the freedom of completely untethered movement in VR. For those with a Windows 10 PC and graphics card suited to PC gaming, Rift S gets you into the most immersive content that VR has to offer. Choose the headset that best fits your needs. Both start at $399 USD, and you can pre-order now at oculus.com/quest or oculus.com/rift-s.
VR lets you defy the limits of reality and explore new worlds—even with people on the other side of the globe. Our first all-in-one solution, Oculus Go opened up the possibilities of VR to a wider audience than ever before. And today, we lower the barriers of entry to fully immersive 6DOF VR, letting you move through virtual space like you would IRL.
The key to that progress is Oculus Insight.
Your World, Your Rules
Now, getting into VR is as easy as gaming on a console. Both Quest and Rift S use Oculus Insight, our state-of-the-art computer vision technology that enables inside-out tracking with sensors built into the headset. By mapping the world around you and your position in it, Oculus Insight lets you navigate virtual and physical spaces—all in real time. Setting up your play space is nearly as simple as putting on the headset.
Game Your Way on Quest
With no wires and no need for a PC (Quest runs on a Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 chipset), Quest is ready to game whenever—and wherever—you are. You can even share the fun with friends using our casting feature (in beta on Quest), which lets you cast to the Oculus mobile app or to your TV.
Our launch lineup includes 50+ titles that run the gamut from fast-paced shooters to pass-and-play social games. Your Quest comes pre-loaded with five exciting preview demos you can play right out of the box:
- Beat Saber (Beat Games): Keep the beat as you slash through the cubes. This demo includes a tutorial and two songs in different difficulty levels.
- Creed (Survios): Become Adonis Creed, fighting to establish your legacy in the ring and beyond. In this demo, you’ll have one match to face off against a challenger in the ring.
- Journey of the Gods (Turtle Rock Studios): Play as human or god as you collect items, earn upgrades, and fight foes in this visually stunning title. With three difficulty levels, this demo features condensed versions of the tutorial and first boss fight.
- Space Pirate Trainer (I-Illusions): Fight off relentless waves of droids with all the weapons and gadgets you'd ever need as a Space Pirate. This demo lets you play through the first action-packed wave and challenge the first boss.
- Sports Scramble (Armature): A zany, fast-paced twist on traditional sports, this demo lets you play a tennis match against either an AI opponent or your friends and family in two-player online multiplayer.
Keep your gear safe with the Oculus Quest Travel Case. Priced at $40 USD, this home away from home for your headset includes a sculpted liner plus an outer shell for lightweight convenience and added protection when you’re on the go. More accessories are coming soon, so stay tuned for details.
You can pre-order Quest at oculus.com wherever Oculus products are sold, as well as through our retail partners Amazon, Best Buy, Newegg, Walmart, and GameStop in the US, as well as Currys PC World, FNAC, MediaMarkt, and more in the UK and EU.
A PC-Powered Platform
With Rift S, you can immediately tap into the same library as Rift—with the same software stack. That means your Oculus Home is a customizable and social space where you and your friends can hang out before launching into a shared VR adventure. And with improved optics and a higher resolution display, Rift has never looked so good.
Oculus Insight includes a passthrough mode for both Quest and Rift S to help keep you safe in VR by showing you a glimpse of your physical environment while still inside the headset—and Rift S takes it a step further. Thanks to Passthrough+, a true stereo-correct passthrough feature, you can take advantage of core Oculus runtime advancements like ASW, and use it with Dash for your own mixed reality-like experience.
Pre-order Rift S at oculus.com in all of our supported countries, or through our retail partners Amazon, Best Buy, and Microsoft Store, plus Currys PC World, FNAC, MediaMarkt, and more in the UK and EU.
An Evolving Ecosystem
With a headset for everyone, VR gaming is better than ever. Quest offers the easiest entry point to 6DOF VR, while the PC-powered Rift S delivers the most cutting-edge content and next-gen graphics. Together, they’ll continue to drive a rapidly maturing 6DOF ecosystem where established studios and indie devs can reach a growing audience across the board. Quest and Rift S will push the industry forward—and that’s good for everyone.
We’re excited that the wait is almost over and can’t wait to share Quest and Rift S with you. Thanks for all of your feedback and enthusiasm along the way. This is an incredibly passionate community, and we’re proud to be a part of it.
— The Oculus Team